Due date of e filing income tax return for A Y 2016-17 is 31st July 2016. (This is income tax return for financial year 2015-16. Applicable for income earned from April 1st 2015 to March 31st, 2016).
You can use ClearTax to e-File your IT Return right away.
- If you get Salary, then you can simply upload your Form-16 PDF and ClearTax will prepare your return automatically and help you finish e filing quickly.
- If you are a Freelancer, ClearTax is the easiest place to e-file your ITR-4. Our CAs can prepare and e-file your income tax return. Have a look at our CA assisted plans here.
- ClearTax automatically selects the correct ITR form applicable to you. We support all ITR forms – ITR-1, ITR-2A, ITR-2, ITR-3, ITR-4, ITR-5, ITR-6 and ITR-7.
Take note of the following dates to make sure you don’t miss any of the other important tax return-related deadlines.
15 June 2016
- First instalment of Advance Tax for individuals and corporates for assessment year 2017-18 or financial year 2016-17
31 July 2016
- Income tax return e-filing due date for Assessment Year 2016-17 for individuals
15 September 2016
- Second installment of advance tax for the assessment year 2017-18
30 September 2016
- Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2016-17 for companies.
- Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2016-17 for taxpayers whose books of account are required to be audited.
- Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2016-17 for working partner (of a firm whose accounts are required to be audited).
15 December 2016
- Second instalment of advance tax for the assessment year 2017-18