Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund Growth
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹1,000
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately High risk|
|Fund Type||Focused Fund|
|Exit Load||1% for 365 Days|
More about this fund
|HDFC Bank Ltd||8.26%|
|ICICI Bank Ltd||6.86%|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||5.57%|
|Bharti Airtel Ltd||5.04%|
|HCL Technologies Ltd||3.8%|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||3.73%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||3.66%|
|UltraTech Cement Ltd||3.3%|
About Aditya BSL Focused Equity Fund
The Aditya BSL Focused Equity Fund is an open-ended large-cap equity scheme. It seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing in equity and equity-related securities of large-cap companies to form a concentrated portfolio. Further, the scheme invests in a maximum of 30 stocks. It was earlier known as Aditya Birla Sun Life Top 100 Fund and was renamed to Aditya Birla Sun Life Focused Equity Fund with effect from 21 May 2018.
Pros & Cons of Aditya BSL Focused Equity Fund
- The scheme focuses on companies with sound management teams and good growth prospects. It allows investors to benefit from investing in globally competitive companies.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is ranked 3 under CRISIL’s Focused Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 17.28% per year over the last 10 years (as on January 18, 2019). However, the returns over the last year have been negative (-5.86%).
Fund Information and Statistics of Aditya BSL Focused Equity Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 24 October 2005 by Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderately-high risk level associated with it.
The redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Mahesh Patil is the Fund Manager of the Aditya BSL Focused Equity Fund since July 29, 2010.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme. The exit load structure is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed after the completion of 365 days from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed within 365 days from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in Aditya BSL Focused Equity Fund
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG tax (units are held for a period of less than 12 months) of 15 percent on redemption of units.
- LTCG (units are held for a period of more than 12 months), in excess of Rs 1 Lakh, is taxed at 10 percent without indexation benefits on the redemption of units.
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
With more than two decades of experience, the Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund (ABSLMF) is currently one of India’s leading fund houses. It was established in 1994 through a joint venture between the Aditya Birla Group and Sun Life Financial Inc. from Canada. It offers a plethora of schemes catering to different investment goals and risk preferences of investors.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹1,000
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns