BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund Regular Growth
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Medium Duration|
|Exit Load||1% for 365 Days|
More about this fund
|5.15% Govt Stock 2025||26.91%|
|5.22% GOI 2025||20.35%|
|6.22% Govt Stock 2035||9.87%|
|Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited||6.93%|
|Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited||6.9%|
|Muthoot Finance Limited||5.17%|
|Cholamandalam Investment And Fin. Co. Ltd||5.14%|
About BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund
The BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund is an open-ended, medium-term debt scheme. It seeks to optimize returns by investing in a portfolio comprising of Debt Securities and Money Market Instruments such that the Macaulay Duration of the portfolio is between 3 and 4 years. It was earlier known as BNP Paribas Medium Term Income Fund and was renamed as BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund with effect from. May 10, 2018.
Pros & Cons of BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund
- The fund house keeps a close watch on the Indian economy and takes an active view of the interest rate environment. The team then evaluates the credit which involves analyzing various parameters of the issuers.
- As on December 31, 2018, the scheme is ranked 3 in CRISIL’s Medium Duration Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 7.54% per year over the last 5 years (as on March 19, 2019).
Fund Information and Statistics of BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 5 March 2014 by BNP Paribas Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderate risk-level associated with it.
The minimum amount for redemption is Rs.1000 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter. The redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
The Fund Managers of the BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund are: Mr. Vikram Pamnani (since December 27, 2017) Mr. Mayank Prakash (since August 23, 2017)
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme. The structure of the exit load is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed after the completion of 12 months from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed within 12 months from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in BNP Paribas Medium Term Fund
The following taxes are applicable to the income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG is added to the investor's income and taxed as per the income-tax slab.
- LTCG component is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
About BNP Paribas Mutual Fund
BNP Paribas Mutual Fund is managed by BNP Paribas Asset Management Company which is backed by the financial strength of one of the world’s best-rated banks. The fund house follows a disciplined investment philosophy and combines the top-down and bottom-up approaches to complement its GARP (Growth-at-Reasonable-Price) philosophy. It offers a plethora of investment products to cater to different needs of the investors.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns