Canara Robeco Gold ETF
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately High risk|
|Fund Type||Sector - Precious Metals|
More about this fund
|Gold 995 1kg Bar||98.55%|
About Canara Robeco Gold ETF
The Canara Robeco Gold ETF is an open-ended, exchange-traded scheme which tracks the domestic price of gold. It endeavors to generate returns and long-term capital appreciation which are in line with the performance of gold (subject to tracking errors). It invests predominantly in Gold Bullion of 0.995 fineness.
Pros & Cons of Canara Robeco Gold ETF
- The scheme invests in physical gold of a specific quality and quantity and seeks to track the spot price of gold regardless of the investment merit. Further, it invests up to 100% in gold.
- However, it might allocate up to 5% of its assets to debt/ money market instruments to meet the liquidity requirements.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is not ranked under CRISIL’s Index Funds/ ETFs category. Further, it has generated returns of 1.89% per year over the last 5 years (as on January 03, 2018).
Fund Information and Statistics of Canara Robeco Gold ETF
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 19 March 2012 by Canara Robeco Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
The scheme invests in Gold bullion of 0.995 fineness and carries a moderately-high risk.
The redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Avnish Jain and Ms. Suman Prasad are the Fund Managers of the Canara Robeco Gold ETF.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load or exit load in this scheme.
Tax benefits of investing in Canara Robeco Gold ETF
When an investor buys physical gold, Long-term Capital Gains are calculated if he holds the investment for a period of three years. However, in the case of Gold ETFs, the period is one year and NOT three years.
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG from the debt component is added to the investor’s income and taxed as per the income-tax slab.
- LTCG component is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
About Canara Robeco Mutual Fund
Established in December 1987, Canara Robeco Mutual Fund is the second oldest Mutual Fund in India (Canbank Mutual Fund). In 2007, Canara Bank partnered with Robeco of the Netherlands – a global asset management company, and the mutual fund was renamed as Canara Robeco Mutual Fund. It is one of the fastest growing fund houses in the country in terms of AuM. The fund house offers a plethora of diversified and thematic equity schemes, debt and treasury products, and hybrid and monthly income schemes
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns