Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund Growth
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Banking & PSU|
More about this fund
|National Housing Bank||7.81%|
|6.45% Govt Stock 2029||7.52%|
|7.17% Govt Stock 2028||5.21%|
|6.79% Govt Stock 2027||4.62%|
|Export-Import Bank of India||4.18%|
|Power Finance Corporation Limited||4.09%|
|Rural Electrification Corporation Limited||3.58%|
|Small Industries Development Bank of India||3.08%|
|ONGC Petro Additions Limited||3.04%|
About Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund
Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund is an open-ended debt fund investing in debt and money market instruments issued by Banks, PSUs, PFIs and Municipal Bonds. The fund seeks to generate regular income over a medium term. The scheme may invest in REITs and InvITs, derivatives of fixed income instruments, repo in corporate debt securities, and engage in securities lending.
Pros & Cons of Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund
Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund offers the following benefits:
- The fund enables investors to generate income while minimising the interest rate volatility.
- The scheme also keeps the credit risk low by investing in high-quality debt instruments.
- The fund returns are consistently higher than the average category returns.
Fund Information and Statistics of Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund
Inception / Launch date
Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund was launched on April 25, 2014, by Franklin Templeton India.
This fund is a moderate risk-bet and suitable for regular income.
The Scheme will offer units for purchase and redemption at applicable NAV prices. Under normal circumstances, your fund house will dispatch the redemption proceeds within 10 business days.
The fund is managed by Mr Umesh Sharma and Sachin Padwal-Desai since April 2014, whereas Mr Srikesh Nair joined in May 2018.
Entry / Exit load
The fund house does not charge any entry load or exit load.
Tax benefits of investing in Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund
- A Short-term capital gain tax will be levied on unitholders as per the income tax slab rate if units are held for less than 36 months.
- A long-term capital gains tax of 20% is applicable with indexation if units are held for more than 36 months.
- Dividend distribution tax will be deducted before the distribution of the dividend.
About Franklin Templeton India
Franklin Templeton India was set-up in 1996 as Templeton Asset Management India Pvt. Ltd. It is a part of Franklin Templeton Investments which was founded in 1947 and is currently operational in 170+ countries. The group is driven by 42 research offices and 600 investment professionals present in 25 countries.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns