Franklin India Government Securities Fund Growth
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Government Bond|
More about this fund
|6.79% Govt Stock 2027||23.86%|
|5.15% Govt Stock 2025||21.75%|
|7.17% Govt Stock 2028||16.06%|
|364 DTB 27052021||13.28%|
|7.27% Govt Stock 2026||8.92%|
|7.32% Govt Stock 2024||1.42%|
|5.22% GOI 2025||0.88%|
About Franklin India Government Securities Fund
Franklin India Government Securities Fund is an open-ended debt scheme investing in government securities across various durations. The fund aims to generate returns by investing in sovereign securities issued by the Central Government and/or a State Government and/or any security unconditionally guaranteed by the central Government and/or State Government for repayment of Principal and Interest.
Pros & Cons of Franklin India Government Securities Fund
Franklin India Government Securities Fund offers the following benefits:
- The fund empowers investors to invest in government securities to earn returns at minimal risks.
- Since these securities are guaranteed by the Government of India, credit risk involved is minimal.
- However, the fund returns are lower than the average category returns.
Fund Information and Statistics of Franklin India Government Securities Fund
Inception / Launch date
The Franklin India Government Securities Fund was launched on December 07, 2001, by Franklin Templeton India.
Franklin India Government Securities Fund is a moderately risky-bet and suitable for investors seeking returns at comparatively lesser risks.
The Scheme will offer units for repurchase and redemption at applicable NAV price on every Business Day. The redemption proceeds will be dispatched within 10 business days.
The fund is jointly managed by Mr Sachin Padwal Desai since July 2006 and Mr Umesh Sharma since July 2010. They have a cumulative experience of 39 years between them.
Entry / Exit load
The fund house does not charge any entry load or exit load.
Tax benefits of investing in Franklin India Government Securities Fund
- A Short-term capital gain tax will be levied on unitholders as per the income tax slab rate if units are held for less than 36 months.
- A long-term capital gains tax of 20% is applicable with indexation if units are held for more than 36 months.
- Dividend distribution tax will be deducted before the distribution of the dividend.
About Franklin Templeton India
Franklin Templeton India has been serving Indian customer for over two decades. It believes in building relationships and putting the needs of clients first. The fund house is also involved in CSR activities via its partnerships with The Akanksha Foundation and K C Mahindra Educational Trust. Both organisations are working in the education space to improve the same for the socially weaker section.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns