SBI Contra Fund Direct Growth - Regular - Latest NAV [ ₹190.6228 ], Returns, Performance, Portfolio & Returns 2021

SBI Contra Fund Direct Growth

  • highlight
    14.73%
  • highlight
    (+0.63)190.6228

Min amount: ₹1,000

Calculate Returns

20 yrs
₹1,000 invested monthly becomes
0 in a period of 20 years

Fund Summarystar

PeriodReturns(per year)
10 Years--
5 Years14.73%
3 Years18.69%
1 Year85.25%
6 Months30.61%
Fund Details
ISININF200K01RA0
RiskVery High Risk
Fund TypeContra
NAV190.6228
Exit Load1% for 365 Days

More about this fundstar

Top HoldingsWeightage
ICICI Bank Ltd3.81%
Infosys Ltd3.67%
Axis Bank Ltd2.94%
Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd2.93%
Carborundum Universal Ltd2.91%
Treps2.88%
Prism Johnson Ltd2.62%
GAIL (India) Ltd2.59%
MTAR Technologies Ltd2.43%
CESC Ltd2.41%

About SBI Contra Fund - Direct Plan - Growth

This open-ended equity fund aims at long-term capital growth through active management of investments that follows a contrarian investment strategy. Here, about 65% of the investments are made towards stocks of companies that follow the contrarian theme and the remaining 35% in other equities and/or debt and money market instruments. The fund follows a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach for stock-picking.

Pros and Cons of SBI Contra Fund - Direct Plan - Growth

The fund does not include a lock-in period for the invested principal. The one-year returns of the fund have been lower than the category-average returns. The risk-adjusted returns are lower than the category counterparts.

Fund Information and Statistics

i) Inception/Launch Date

The fund scheme was rolled out on 14 July 1999.

ii) Risk Level

The fund is associated with a moderately high risk. This is because the fund invests in equity and equity-related securities following the contrarian strategy.

iii) Redemption

Since a lock-in period is not applicable to the invested principal, you can redeem the fund units at any time. However, an exit load may be charged based on the time of redemption.

iv) Fund Manager

The fund is currently being managed by Mr Dinesh Balachandran.

v) Entry/Exit Load

Though entry load is not applicable, an exit load of 1% is charged for exit of funds within one year from the date of allotment. Upon completing one year, no exit load is charged.

About SBI Mutual Fund

SBI Mutual Fund is one of the oldest fund houses in India that was set up on 29 June 1987. The sponsor for the fund house is State Bank of India and the trustee company is SBI Mutual Fund Trustee Company Private Limited.

Customer Reviewsstar

  • " Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "

    IT Developer, Bangalore
  • " I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "

    Software Engineer, Indore
  • " Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "

    Campus Manager, Bangalore

Invest Now in 3 Easy Stepsstar

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Why ClearTax Invest?

  • checkOur experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
  • checkTrusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
  • checkInvest in just 5 minutes
  • checkNo paperwork required
  • checkSimple and easy to use

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Read More

Min amount: ₹1,000

Calculate Returns

20 yrs
₹1,000 invested monthly becomes
0 in a period of 20 years
Very High Risk

All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,

  • High Risk = High possible returns
  • Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns