SBI Technology Opportunities Fund Regular Growth
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹500
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Sector - Technology|
|Exit Load||0.5% for 15 Days|
More about this fund
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||15.85%|
|Bharti Airtel Ltd||9.79%|
|HCL Technologies Ltd||9.31%|
|Tech Mahindra Ltd||8.81%|
|Alphabet Inc A||5.71%|
|Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd||3.53%|
|Persistent Systems Ltd||2.88%|
About SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
The SBI Technology Opportunities Fund is an open-ended equity scheme. It seeks to generate long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related instruments of companies from the technology and technology-related sectors. It was earlier known as SBI IT Funds and was renamed as SBI Technology Opportunities Fund with effect from May 16, 2018.
Pros & Cons of SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
- The scheme follows a bottom-up approach while picking stocks and chooses companies which are expected to derive benefit from the development, use, and advancement of technology.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is not ranked under CRISIL’s Sectoral/ Thematic Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 11.3% per year over the 5 last years (as on January 16, 2019).
Fund Information and Statistics of SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 14 July 1999 by SBI Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a High risk-level associated with it.
The minimum redemption amount is the lower of Rs. 1,000 or 100 units or the account balance. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Anup Upadhyay is the Fund Manager of the SBI Technology Opportunities Fund since June 2011.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme. The exit load structure is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed after the completion of 15 days from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed within 15 days from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = 0.50% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG tax (units are held for a period of less than 12 months) of 15 percent on redemption of units.
- LTCG (units are held for a period of more than 12 months), in excess of Rs 1 Lakh, is taxed at 10 percent without indexation benefits on the redemption of units.
About SBI Mutual Fund
With over three decades of experience and more than 200 points of acceptance across the country, the SBI Mutual Fund – a joint venture between the State Bank of India (SBI) and Amundi Asset Management Company, France, has been delivering consistent value to investors. Driven by a philosophy of growth through innovation, the fund house offers investment expertise in domestic as well as offshore funds.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹500
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns