About Life Insurance Corporation of India
Life Insurance Corporation of India or LIC is the oldest and largest life insurance companies in India. It is headquartered in Mumbai and has a pan-India presence through its 2000+ branches. Customers can complete every task related to their respective LIC policies by visiting any of these branches easily. One of the biggest reasons behind the incredible popularity of LIC India is the full range of products that it offers to meet the requirements of all categories of customers. Thanks to its wide range of products and excellent reputation, LIC boasts of the most significant customer base in the market. During all these years and despite stiff competition from private players, LIC still attracts a large number of customers towards its life insurance products.
To offer ease of operation and access to its customers, LIC maintains a fully-functional website. After the online LIC Login on the portal, customers can access every information they require regarding LIC, online. This portal eliminates the need for the customers to travel to the branch office and enables them to complete a large number of operations related to their LIC policies online.
But surprisingly, a large section of customers still stand-up in the long queues at the LIC branch offices for even the most menial of tasks. The reason given by them is their apprehensions regarding safety and security of information online along with their lack of knowledge regarding LIC Login.
If you are also an LIC policyholder and have not yet started using the website, you must start doing so now. Here we will explain the detailed procedure of LIC customer login and how to access any information that you may require.
Who can register for LIC Online Portal
All LIC policyholders in India can register themselves on the portal, without paying any additional charges. To register, you must log-on to the official company website, i.e. www.licindia.in.
Individuals can register for their policy as well as for policies taken for minor children until they attain the age of 18. Once the minor attains the age of 18 years, they would need to create a separate login-id. Spouses need to register separately for their respective policies.
Once the policy has been registered on the LIC portal, you can use the login-id and password for LIC login.
Why use LIC Online Portal
After registering for the LIC policy login, you can access a host of services conveniently from your home. You need an internet-enabled computer or smartphone. In addition to saving you a lot of money and time, the LIC online services accord you several other benefits as well.
Once you have completed the LIC online registration process, you can conveniently access the following facilities: –
- Claim Status
- Policy Status
- Loan Status
- Revival Quotations
- Complaint Registration
- Assignment and Nominee Status
- Proposal and Policy Images and much more
LIC Policy Login for new users
To be able to log-in to the LIC portal, you first need to create a user-id and password. Here is a step-by-step process to help you out.
- Log-on to the official website for LIC, i.e. www.licindia.in
- Now browse to the section titled “Online Services” and select the tab “Customer Portal”.
- Now you will be taken to the LIC e-services page, where you will have to select the option “Functionalities offered” and opt for the link titled “Registration for e-services”.
- Now, you will be able to see two option “Registered User” and “New User”. As you are visiting the website for the first time and are an LIC new user, select the option “New User”.
- Now, on the new page enter all the details that are required, correctly. You must keep your LIC policy document handy and enter all the details as mentioned in it. Make sure the contact details that you provide, i.e. Mobile No. and Email Id are correct and accurate because all communication would be shared through these details only.
- Once you have entered all information, click on “Proceed”.
- Now, you will be prompted to select the User-Id and Password, as per the terms and conditions of the website.
- Make a note of the User-id and Password selected by you, as this would be required for every LIC customer login.
- Once your registration process is successful, you will receive a welcome message on your registered email id.
- This completes your online registration process for LIC policy login.
LIC Customer Login
Once you have registered successfully on the official LIC website, thereafter, accessing the website through LIC customer login and LIC merchant login is quite straightforward. Here is a stepwise guide for the same.
- Log in to the official LIC website at www.licindia.in
- Browse to the section titled “Online Services” and select the option “Customer Portal”.
- Now you will be taken to the LIC e-services page, where you will have to select the option “Registered User”.
- On the new window, select your role as “Customer” and enter the User Id, Password and Date of Birth, same as that entered during the time of registration.
- Click on the “Sign-in” option. You will now be able to access all the services as a registered user including payment of premium, download of the policy document, registration of complaint, complaint status and much more.
- If you have forgotten your User ID or Password, then you must select the option “Forgot User ID/Password” on the login page. You will then be prompted to select the option as to which credential you want to retrieve by selecting the respective option, i.e. Password or User Id. Continue filling in other details such as date of birth, User Id/Password, Captcha (as seen on screen) and click on the submit button to proceed.
With the help of the above information, you can now easily unlock the real potential of the LIC e-services through LIC login. You can now complete most of the tasks related to your LIC policy from the comfort of your home. You can also make the premium payments through any of the online modes of payment and continue enjoying the comprehensive coverage of your LIC policy.