|₹2 / ₹0
Incorporated in 1946, Aluminium Industries (AIL) was formed to manufacture plain steel covered aluminium conductors for electrical overhead transmission purposes, accessories and fittings, alluminium transmission lines, general utility aluminium wire and aluminium alloy castings. The company's products are sold under Alind brand name. In 1985-86, AIL entered the electrical contracting field. In 1992-93 its Kundara division developed a special alloy conductor. In 1976-77, a technical collaboration agreement was signed with Delli-Alsthom, France, to manufacture 132 kV and 220 kV circuit breakers and current transformers. The static relays project was commisssioned in Jan'82. In the switchgear division at Mannar, the company had taken up the implementation of the project for the manufacture of switchgear in collaboration with Alethom Atlantique. Another project was also taken up for the manufacture of wear resistant and alloycastings at Lingampalli, Hyderabad, in technical collaborations with Firth Brown Castings, UK.