Union Short Term Fund Growth
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately Low risk|
|Fund Type||Short Duration|
More about this fund
|7.80% Govt Stock 2020||31.74%|
|6.35% Govt Stock 2020||31.27%|
|364 DTB 31102019||2.44%|
About Union Short Term Fund
The Union Short Term Fund is an open-ended, short-term debt scheme. It seeks to generate regular income and reasonable returns commensurate with low to moderate risk and high levels of liquidity by investing in a portfolio of short to medium-term debt securities and money market instruments such that the Macaulay Duration of the portfolio is between 1 and 3 years. It was earlier known as Union Ultra Short Term Debt Fund and was renamed as Union Short Term Fund.
Pros & Cons of Union Short Term Fund
- The scheme invests in an optimal mix of high-quality money market, debt, and Government securities. Nearly 80% of the net assets are invested in debt and money market instruments with a residual maturity less than or equal to 3 years.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is not ranked under CRISIL’s Short Duration Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 7.22% per year over the last 5 years (as on January 18, 2019).
Fund Information and Statistics of Union Short Term Fund
Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 24 April 2012 by Union Mutual Fund.
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderately-low risk level associated with it.
The minimum redemption amount is Rs, 1,000 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
Mr. Devesh Thacker is the Fund Manager of the Union Short Term Fund since inception.
Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load or exit load in this scheme.
Tax benefits of investing in Union Short Term Fund
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG is added to the investor’s income and taxed as per the income-tax slab.
- LTCG component is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
About Union Mutual Fund
Managed by Union KBC Asset Management Company Ltd., the Union Mutual Fund has backing from the Union Bank of India and Dai-ichi Life Holdings Inc. (Japan). With a vision of becoming the bridge of opportunity for investors helping them achieve financial prosperity, the fund house offers a wide range of schemes for all kinds of investors.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns