Aditya Birla Sun Life Medium Term Plan Regular Plan Growth
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Medium Duration|
|Exit Load||2% for 365 Days|
More about this fund
|5.79% Govt Stock 2030||7.81%|
|6.45% Govt Stock 2029||7.34%|
|Shriram - City Union Finance Limited||5.84%|
|L & T Infrastructure Finance Company Limited||5.57%|
|Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited||4.87%|
|U.P. Power Corporation Limited||4.59%|
|U.P. Power Corporation Limited||4.39%|
|NATIONAL BANK FOR AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT||2.84%|
|Manappuram Finance Limited||2.45%|
About Aditya BSL Medium Term Plan
The Aditya BSL Medium Term Plan is an open-ended, medium-term debt scheme. It seeks to generate income with capital growth over the medium-term by investing predominantly in a portfolio of debt securities with a medium-term maturity. Further, the investments are made such that the Macaulay Duration of the portfolio is between 3 and 4 years.
Pros & Cons of Aditya BSL Medium Term Plan
- The scheme reduces the duration of the fund and increases the holding in liquid bonds and money market instruments when the interest rates are rising. On the other hand, in a falling interest rate environment, the scheme maximizes its holdings in medium-term securities.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is ranked 3 in CRISIL’s Medium Duration Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 8.46% per year over the last 5 years (as on January 31, 2019).
Fund Information and Statistics of Aditya BSL Medium Term Plan
Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 25 March 2009 by Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund.
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderate risk-level associated with it.
The redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
Mr. Maneesh Dangi is the Fund Manager of the Aditya BSL Medium Term Plan since September 01, 2014.
Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme.
The exit load structure is as follows:-
- If the units are redeemed after the completion of 365 days from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed within 365 days from the date of allotment of the said units, and :-
- The number of units redeemed is less than 15% of the number of units allotted, then the exit load = Nil
The number of units redeemed is more than 15% of the number of units allotted, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in Aditya BSL Medium Term Plan
The following taxes are applicable to the income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG is added to the investor's income and taxed as per the income-tax slab.
- LTCG component is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
About Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
Established in 1994 through a joint venture between the Aditya Birla Group, India and Sun Life Financial Inc., Canada, the Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund (ABSLMF) is one of India’s leading fund houses today. It offers smart solutions, user-friendly services, and a plethora of investment options to suit the investment goals and risk preferences of different types of investors.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns