GSTIN Number Search by Name
Click here to find out HSN
/ SAC Codes for goods
What is GSTIN?
A GSTIN is a unique Goods and Services Tax (GST) identification number or GST number, which is assigned to every taxpayer registered under GST. It comprises 15-digit alpha-numerics which is based on the business entity’s PAN. As a GST-registered dealer, or you may want to verify a GSTIN, before you enter it in your GST returns. As a consumer, you may wish to find out the authenticity of a GSTIN.
A single business entity may have multiple GSTINs, due to the entity having multiple branches in different States or Union Territories. For each State or Union Territory that the entity is registered in, it will require a separate GSTIN. It becomes compulsory to get registered under GST and obtain a GSTIN when the taxable person crosses the threshold limit for GST registration.
A taxpayer’s GSTIN is public information. Any person can carry out a GSTIN search in order to verify its authenticity. Thanks to modern-day technology, one can verify a GSTIN with a click of a button, from anywhere and at any time. It is important to undertake GSTIN verification before proceeding with a business deal.
Use the ClearTax GSTIN Number Search by Name tool and verify any GSTIN by simply entering the name of the business!
How does the ClearTax GSTIN Number Search by Name work?
The ClearTax GSTIN Number Search by Name tool helps businesses and consumers verify any GSTIN with a single-click. All a user has to do is enter the name of the business entity and the details will be displayed immediately. This feature can be used by anyone and any time, free of cost, provided they have the name of the relevant business entity.
Advantages of the ClearTax GSTIN Number Search by Name tool:
The advantages of verifying a GSTIN using the ClearTax GSTIN Number Search by Name tool are:
- Any GSTIN’s authenticity can be verified just by name
- If the GSTIN on a hand-written invoice is unclear, the vendor’s name can be entered to display the GSTIN
- Your can prevent your business from associating with fraudulent vendors using fake GSTINs
- As a consumer, you can verify if the business charging you GST is an actual registered supplier under GST
- Avoid a GSTIN fraud
- Help your business rectify any potential errors while reporting GSTINs
GST Identification Number Format
GSTIN structure comprises
- First 2 numbers → State code of the registered person
- Next 10 characters → PAN of the registered person
- Next number→ Entity number of the same PAN
- Next character → Alphabet Z by default
- Last number → Check code which may be alpha or digit, used for detection
How to use the ClearTax GSTIN Number Search by Name?
All you have to do is-
- Enter the name of a business entity
- Click on “Search” button
If the name entered belong to a registered entity under GST, then the details that can be verified are-
- The legal name of the business
- The State
- THe date of registration
- The constitution of the business – company, sole-proprietorship or partnership
- The taxpayer type – regular taxpayer or composition dealer
- The GSTIN status / UIN status
Use ClearTax GST for all your GST-filing needs
Try the ClearTax GST software to-
- File GSTR-1 to 9C returns 3X faster than any other portal or software
- Claim 100% ITC with our Advanced GSTR-2A reconciliation
- Handle multiple data formats – Excel, JSON, Govt.; built-in Tally Connector
- File returns using the 100% cloud-based, multi-user GST Software. No installations required.
- Auto-prepare your GSTR-3B partially, if your GSTR-1 has filed GSTR-1 through ClearTax
- Keep track of the filing status of all your clients/businesses through the Filing Status Tracker
Use the ClearTax e-Invoicing software to simplify e-Invoicing for your Enterprise
Here’s why our e-Invoicing software is India’s leading full-stack ASP-GSP service provider:
- Our e-Invoicing software is compatible with every ERP system. You can generate invoices directly through your existing ERP, without the need to modify your current processes
- It has zero downtime and multiple GSP backups in place, so enjoy uninterrupted service and 100% data security
- Robust error handling with government-compatible APIs, to ensure that you generate e-invoices without any worries.
- One-click reconciliation of e-Invoice data with the GSTR-1 returns and e-way bill data, to take care of all your compliance needs.
- Our servers auto scale as per the volume encountered.