1. Know your PAN application status
This article describes the process to check application status. The following are the ways to check your PAN application status:
- Call: You can track your PAN application status by calling TIN call centre on 020-27218080 and providing your 15-digit acknowledgement number of PAN application.
- SMS service: SMS service: You can track the status of your PAN application by sending 15-digit acknowledgement number of PAN application to ‘57575’. You will receive an SMS with the current status after some time.
- Online: Online: Apart from the above, applicants can track the current status of their NSDL PAN application online.
2.Pan Card Tracking based on acknowledgement number
Step 1. Log on to the official PAN website
Step 2. Select application type as ‘PAN – New/Change Request’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 3.Enter acknowledgement number and click on ‘Submit’.
3. Tracking Pan Card based on Name and Date of birth
Step 1. Visit here
Step 2. Enter Name as given for the PAN application (First Name, Middle Name and Last name/Surname) (Applicants other than ‘Individuals’ should write their name in the field for Last Name/Surname only)
Step 3. Enter date of birth/ Incorporation/ Agreement/ Partnership or Trust Deed/ Formation of Body of Individuals/ Association of Persons and click on ‘Submit’.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an alternative to PAN to open a bank account?
You can open a bank account by filling From 60 if you don’t have PAN.
The status of PAN card is saying ‘Application is inwarded’. What does this mean?
This means that the application is received by the department and is under process.
Can I use the 15-digit acknowledgement number for opening a bank account?
Yes, it is possible to quote the 15-digit acknowledgement number to open a bank account.
Can I have mutliple PAN?
No, it is not possible to have multiple PAN.
How to check PAN status through SMS?
You need to send an SMS typing ‘ NSDLPAN acknowledgement number’ to 57575.