Incometax.gov.in is live
To provide ease of compliance to the taxpayers, the income tax department launched its new website, “e-filing 2.0”, on 7th June 2021 for the taxpayers. The existing portal of income tax “www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in” is replaced by the new income tax portal “www.incometax.gov.in”.
The taxpayers use the income tax e-filing website to file their income tax returns and for various other tax-related matters. The income tax officers also use the portal to issue notices, queries and communicate various matters related to assessment on the taxpayer’s dashboard.
Incometax.gov.in- Features and Benefits
The income tax department has said that the e-filing 2.0 website is simple and user-friendly equipped with the features listed below:
- The new portal is integrated with the ITR processing unit, which will ensure the quick issue of refunds to the taxpayers. The current ITR processing system takes a few weeks and even months to credit refunds to the taxpayers account.
- The Income tax returns filed will be transmitted quickly to the CPC. Consequently, intimations will be sent sooner to the taxpayers resulting in quick refunds to the taxpayers.
- The new e-filing portal will provide various payment options such as net banking, RTGS/ NEFT, credit card, etc., from any of the taxpayer’s accounts. The new payment of tax facility will be enabled after 18th June to avoid advance payment difficulty to the taxpayers.
- Free of cost income tax return preparation software will be available online and offline for the taxpayers with a pre-filling facility. Currently, ITR-2 is available online, and ITR-1 & ITR-4 software are available online and offline. ITR preparation software for ITR-3, ITR-5, ITR-6, ITR-7 will be available shortly.
- The taxpayer can take follow up of all the interactions or pending actions through a single dashboard.
- A new helpdesk centre is for the assistance of the taxpayers for any queries through various means such as chatbot, videos tutorials, user manuals, FAQs, etc.
- A mobile application embedded with all key portal functions will be enabled for full time access on the mobile network.
- The new portal allows pre-filling of some details related to various incomes such as salary, house property, business/profession, etc. Additionally, it enables the detailed pre-filling of details of salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains. The pre-filling will happen when the concerned entities upload the TDS and SFT statements.
File your returns in just 3 minutes
100% pre-fill. No manual data entry