1. How to link Aadhaar to PANAs per the Income Tax Department notification, income tax returns could be e-filed without linking Aadhaar and PAN till 5 August 2017. The deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar, which was initially extended from 31st August 2017 to 31st December 2017 and subsequently to 31st March 2018 followed by 30th June 2018 has now been extended to 31st March 2019. Do note that while income tax returns can be filed without linking, the tax department will not process the returns until PAN and Aadhaar are linked. People can visit the official e-filing website of the department to link the two identities, in both the cases– identical names in the two databases or in case where there is a minor mismatch.
Easy and Accurate ITR Filing on ClearTax
File in 7 Mins | Minimal Data Entry | 100% Paperless
2. Online Linking of Aadhaar Number and PANOnline linking of Aadhaar number with PAN can be done by logging on to the income tax e-filing portal. There are two ways of doing it on the income tax portal.
1. Without logging in to your account (2 step procedure)
2. Logging in to your account (6 step procedure)
1. Without logging in to your account (2 step procedure)Step 1: Go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link on the left pane – Link Aadhaar Step 2: Enter the following details:
- Aadhaar no.; and
- Name as exactly specified on the Aadhaar card (avoid spelling mistakes)
2. Logging in to your account (6 step procedure)Step 1: Register yourself at the income tax e filing portal, if you are not already registered. Step 2: Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the login ID, password and date of birth Step 3: After logging in to the site, a pop up window will appear prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card. If you don’t see the popup, go to blue tab on the top bar named ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’. Step 4: Details such as name, date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal. Verify the details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar card. Step 5: If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code and click on the “Link now” button. Step 6: A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar number has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
3. Linking of Aadhaar Number and PAN via SMSNow you can link your Aadhaar and PAN through SMS also. The Income Tax Department has urged taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with their PAN, using an SMS-based facility. It can be done by sending an SMS to either 567678 or 56161. Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format: UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN> Example: UIDPAN 123456789123 AKPLM2124M
Also, read our other articles on Adhaar Linking:
- Link Aadhaar with Insurance Policies
- Link Aadhaar with Post Office Schemes: PPF, NSC, KVP
- Link Aadhaar with UAN, PF
- Link Aadhaar with Voter ID
- Link Aadhaar with LPG Connection
- Link Aadhaar with Ration Card