DSP Focus Growth
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹500
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately High risk|
|Fund Type||Focused Fund|
|Exit Load||1% for 365 Days|
More about this fund
|HDFC Bank Ltd||9.18%|
|Coromandel International Ltd||7.3%|
|ICICI Bank Ltd||6.32%|
|UltraTech Cement Ltd||4.82%|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||4.65%|
|Maruti Suzuki India Ltd||4.1%|
|Shree Cement Ltd||3.68%|
|Havells India Ltd||3.65%|
About DSP Focus Fund
The DSP Focus Fund is an open-ended equity scheme investing in a maximum of 30 stocks. It seeks to provide long-term capital growth by investing in a portfolio of equity and equity-related instruments (including equity derivatives). Further, the scheme invests in the equity derivatives of maximum 30 companies and might invest in debt and money market securities to manage liquidity requirements.
Pros & Cons of DSP Focus Fund
- The scheme will focus on multi-cap stocks and will use a combination of bottom-up and top-down analysis to identify the sector and stock weightages in the portfolio. As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is ranked 4 under CRISIL’s Large Cap Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 14.66% per year over the last 5 years (as on January 08, 2019).
- However, the returns over the last year have been negative (-8.39%).
Fund Information and Statistics of DSP Focus Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 1 January 2013 by DSP Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a moderately-high risk level associated with it.
The minimum redemption amount is Rs. 500. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 3-10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Gopal Agrawal (since October 2018) and Mr. Jay Kothari (since March 2013) are the Fund Managers of the DSP Focus Fund.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme.
The exit load structure is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed after the completion of 1 year from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in DSP Focus Fund
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- Short-term capital gains are taxed at 15%
- Long-term capital gains in excess of Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at 10% without indexation benefits.
About DSP Mutual Fund
The DSP Group is a 152-year-old Indian financial firm with a rich and extensive experience in the Indian financial industry landscape. DSP Mutual Fund, with over 20 years of track record is one of India’s premier fund houses. It is committed to providing a wide range of investment products to its customers and constantly strives to achieve an optimal balance between risk and opportunity.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹500
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns