IDFC Sensex ETF
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately High risk|
More about this fund
|HDFC Bank Ltd||12.16%|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||10.25%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||9.12%|
|ICICI Bank Ltd||7.76%|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||5.12%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd||4.66%|
|Axis Bank Ltd||3.87%|
|Hindustan Unilever Ltd||3.79%|
About IDFC Sensex ETF
The IDFC Sensex ETF is an open-ended, equity, exchange traded scheme. It seeks to provide returns (pre-expenses) which closely correspond to the total return of the underlying S&P BSE Sensex Index.
Pros & Cons of IDFC Sensex ETF
- The scheme tracks the underlying S&P BSE Sensex Index and uses a passive or indexing approach to offer returns.
- It will not try to beat the Index or change its approach to active regardless of the performance of the Index.
- It has generated returns of 5.59% per year over the last year (as on January 11, 2019).
Fund Information and Statistics of IDFC Sensex ETF
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 7 October 2016 by IDFC Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderately-High risk level associated with it.
Investors can redeem units in ‘creation unit size’ directly from the fund. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Yogik Pitti is the Fund Manager of the IDFC Sensex ETF since its inception.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load or exit load in this scheme.
Tax benefits of investing in IDFC Sensex ETF
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG tax (units are held for a period of less than 12 months) of 15 percent on redemption of units.
- LTCG (units are held for a period of more than 12 months), in excess of Rs 1 Lakh, is taxed at 10 percent without indexation benefits on the redemption of units.
About IDFC Mutual Fund
One of India’s largest mutual fund houses (in terms of the Assets under Management – AuM), IDFC Mutual Fund was established in the year 2000. Today, due to its robust network and investor-centricity, it has managed to deliver consistent value to people across the country.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns