Tata Young Citizen [After 7 years]
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately High risk|
|Exit Load||1% for 6570 Days|
More about this fund
|Reliance Industries Ltd||7.72%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd||7.55%|
|ICICI Bank Ltd||6.86%|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||4.24%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd||4.03%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||3.17%|
|Bharti Airtel Ltd||3.14%|
|Titan Co Ltd||2.68%|
About Tata Young Citizens’ Fund
The Tata Young Citizens’ Fund is an open-ended equity scheme. It seeks to generate long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in equity and equity-related instruments. This is a Children’s Fund and has a lock-in of at least 5 years or till the child attains the age of maturity (18 years), whichever is earlier.
Pros & Cons of Tata Young Citizens’ Fund
- The scheme is suitable for investors planning for the future needs of their children. It takes a balanced approach by investing in a combination of Equity (65%-85%) and Debt (15%-35%).
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is ranked 5 under CRISIL’s Children’s Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 9.62% per year over the 5 last years (as on January 16, 2019). However, the returns over the last year have been negative (-9.31%).
Fund Information and Statistics of Tata Young Citizens’ Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 14 October 1995 by Tata Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderately-high risk level associated with it.
The minimum redemption amount is the lower of Rs. 500 or 50 units or the account balance. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
The Fund Managers of the Tata Young Citizens’ Fund are: Mr. Sonam Udasi (since 01 April 2016) Mr. Akash Mittal (since 30 July 2015)
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme. There is a compulsory lock-in of 5 years or till the child attains the age of maturity, i.e. 18 years of age (whichever is earlier). Further, the exit load structure is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed after the child attains 18 years of age, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed before the child attains 18 years of age, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in Tata Young Citizens’ Fund
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG tax (units are held for a period of less than 12 months) of 15 percent on redemption of units.
- LTCG (units are held for a period of more than 12 months), in excess of Rs 1 Lakh, is taxed at 10 percent without indexation benefits on the redemption of units.
About Tata Mutual Fund
Tata Mutual Fund is a part of the Tata Group which is known for its adherence to business ethics. Incorporated in 1994, Tata Mutual Fund has earned the trust of lakhs of investors on over two decades. Focused on generating consistent and long-term returns, the fund house offers an investment product for all kinds of investors.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns