Edelweiss Greater China Equity Growth
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹500
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Global - Other|
|Exit Load||1% for 365 Days|
More about this fund
|JPM Greater China I (acc) USD||97.05%|
About Edelweiss Greater China Equity Offshore Fund
The Edelweiss Greater China Equity Offshore Fund is an open-ended Fund of Funds scheme. It seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing in JPMorgan Fund’s Greater China Fund. This is an equity fund which invests in a diversified portfolio of companies which are either domiciled in or carry out a major part of their economic activity in the Greater China region.
Pros & Cons of Edelweiss Greater China Equity Offshore Fund
- Since the scheme invests in JPMorgan Fund’s Greater China Equity Fund, investors can add an internal exposure to their portfolio.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is not ranked under CRISIL’s Fund of Funds category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 4.19% per year over the last 5 years (as on January 03, 2018). However, in the last year, the scheme has generated negative returns (-20.83%).
Fund Information and Statistics of Edelweiss Greater China Equity Offshore Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 26 August 2009 by Edelweiss Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
The scheme is suitable for investors looking at long-term capital appreciation by participating in the international equity market of Greater China. It has a High risk-level.
The minimum redemption amount is Rs. 1,000 or 100 units. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 7-10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Gautam Kaul (since May 02, 2017) and Mr. Rahul Dedhia (since December 11, 2017) are the Fund Managers of the Edelweiss Greater China Equity Offshore Fund.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme.
The exit load structure is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed within 12 months from the date of allotment of the units, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
- If the units are redeemed after 12 months from the date of allotment of the units, then the exit load = Nil
Tax benefits of investing in Edelweiss Greater China Equity Offshore Fund
- Being an international fund, the tax treatment is like that of a debt fund. The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG from the debt component is added to the investor’s income and taxed as per the income-tax slab.
- LTCG component is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
About Edelweiss Mutual Fund
Edelweiss Mutual Fund is sponsored by Edelweiss Financial Services Limited and has a vision of becoming an innovative and globally recognized asset management company which provides excellent investment solutions, services and sets the highest ethical standards. It adheres to a disciplined investment process which helps it to grow the investor’s assets steadily. It offers investment products across the entire risk spectrum keeping its focus on risk and capital preservation.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹500
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns