Kotak Gilt Investment Fund Growth
Start your investment
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Fund Type||Government Bond|
More about this fund
|6.97% Govt Stock 2026||15.06%|
|6.67% Govt Stock 2050||13.69%|
|5.15% Govt Stock 2025||6.24%|
|7.62% AP SDL 2027||6.09%|
|6.76% Govt Stock 2061||4.97%|
|8.03% U.P. SDL 2026||4.35%|
|06.72 KL SDL 2027||3.8%|
|07.03 TS SDL 2027AUG||2.95%|
|7.17% GJ SDL 2027||2.38%|
About Kotak Gilt Investment Plan
The Kotak Gilt Investment Plan is an open-ended debt scheme. It seeks to generate risk-free returns by investing in sovereign securities issued by the Central Government and/or the State Government(s) and/or any security which is unconditionally guaranteed by the Government of India and/or reverse repos in such securities when permitted by the Reserve Bank of India.
Pros & Cons of Kotak Gilt Investment Plan
- The scheme does not have any restriction on the maturity of the portfolio. It is suitable for investors seeking income over a long-term investment horizon and allows retail participation in an otherwise wholesale government securities market.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is ranked 4 under CRISIL’s Gilt Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 7.37% per year over the last 10 years (as on January 11, 2019). However, the returns over the last year are negative (-9.33%).
Fund Information and Statistics of Kotak Gilt Investment Plan
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 29 December 1998 by Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderate risk-level associated with it.
The minimum redemption amount is Rs. 1,000 or 100 units. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Abhishek Bisen is the Fund Manager of the Kotak Gilt Investment Plan since April 15, 2008.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load or exit load in this scheme.
Tax benefits of investing in Kotak Gilt Investment Plan
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG from the debt component is added to the investor’s income and taxed as per the income-tax slab.
- LTCG component is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
About Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund
Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund started operations from December 1998. It is one of India’s leading mutual fund houses with a clear vision of offering the best investment products to investors having different risk preferences and financial goals.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns