The government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) launched the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme for helping the Below Poverty Line (BPL) students financially. The BPL students who are good in studies but are unable to pursue courses that have a high fee are provided financial assistance under this scheme.
The Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme will provide scholarships for all eligible candidates. This scheme provides scholarships to the poverty line category of students as the AP government wants to help these students to study their desired courses without having to do any part-time jobs or errands to pay fees.
The aim of providing scholarships is to help students continue their education and become successful individuals in the future. It also aims at improving the Gross Enrolment Rate (GER), ensuring the continuation of students in the stream of higher education, providing quality higher education and equipping the students with essential skills.
Eligibility Criteria Under Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme
The eligibility criteria to enrol under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme are as follows:
- The students pursuing the below courses are eligible:
- ITI (Industrial Training Institute) courses
- Polytechnic courses
- The students should be enrolled in the below institutions-
- Government or government-aided institutions
- Private colleges affiliated to the State Boards/Universities
- The applicant family’s annual income must be below Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum
- The applicant should only have:
- Wetland below 10 acres, or
- Agricultural land below 25 acres, or
- Wetland and agricultural land below 25 acres
The following applicants are not eligible to enrol under this scheme:
- The applicants who own any four-wheelers (Auto, taxi, car, etc.) are not eligible
- The government job employees are not eligible
- If anyone in the applicants’ family is receiving a pension, he/she is not eligible
- The sanctuary workers are exempted from this scheme
Courses Under Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme
The courses for which scholarships are available under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme are:
- Other Degree/ PG Courses
Benefits Under Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme
The benefits provided under the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme are as follows:
- Tuition fee and hostel fee for the students pursuing the below courses-
- The students will be provided Rs.20,000/- per year
- The students studying from welfare hostels will be exempted from the mess charges
- Money incentives are provided as follows-
- Rs.20,000 for Graduate Degree and other courses
- Rs.15,000 for Polytechnic students
- Rs.10,000 for ITI Students
Application Process For Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme
The process for applying online for the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme are as follows:
- Visit the official website for this scheme.
- Click on the ‘Downloads’ tab on the website.
- Click on the ‘JVD Fee Reimbursement Proforma’ option under the ‘Downloads’ tab.
- Download the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena form and take a print out of it.
- Fill in the required information in the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena application form like the family head detail, village volunteer detail, details of validation, bank account detail of mother, etc.
- Attach all the required documents with the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena application form.
- Submit the application form to the concerned department.
The Nodal Department for executing this scheme is the Social Welfare Department.
Documents Required For Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme
The documents required for applying to this scheme are:
- Aadhar card
- Residential proof
- Income certificate
- College admission certificate
- BPL or EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Bank account details
- Non-tax payer declaration
Get an expert at affordable price
For ITR, GST returns, Company Registration, Trademark Registration, GST Registration