SBI Large & Midcap Fund Regular Growth
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹100
- Fund Summary
- More about Fund
- Related funds
- Why Cleartax
|Risk||Moderately High risk|
|Fund Type||Large & Mid- Cap|
|Exit Load||0.1% for 30 Days|
More about this fund
|ICICI Bank Ltd||4.38%|
|Balkrishna Industries Ltd||4.29%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd||4.15%|
|Bharti Airtel Ltd||3.08%|
|Natco Pharma Ltd||3.06%|
|State Bank of India||3.05%|
|JK Cement Ltd||2.95%|
|Page Industries Ltd||2.83%|
|Relaxo Footwears Ltd||2.72%|
About SBI Large & Midcap Fund
The SBI Large & Midcap Fund is an open-ended equity scheme. It seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity-related instruments of companies predominantly from the large and mid cap segment.
Pros & Cons of SBI Large & Midcap Fund
- The scheme follows a mix of value and growth style of investing and uses a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approach for selecting stocks across sectors.
- As on September 30, 2018, the scheme is ranked 3 under CRISIL’s Large & Mid Cap Fund category.
- Further, it has generated returns of 18.63% per year over the 10 last years (as on January 16, 2019). However, the returns over the last year have been negative (-6.44%).
Fund Information and Statistics of SBI Large & Midcap Fund
i) Inception / Launch Date
The scheme was launched on 28 February 1993 by SBI Mutual Fund.
ii) Risk Level
According to the investment objective and asset allocation of the scheme, it has a Moderately-high risk level associated with it.
The minimum redemption amount is the lower of Rs. 1,000 or 100 units or the account balance. Further, the redemption proceeds are dispatched within 10 business days of the receipt of a valid redemption request.
iv) Fund Manager(s)
Mr. Saurabh Pant is the Fund Manager of the SBI Large & Midcap Fund since September 2016.
v) Entry / Exit Load
There is no entry load in this scheme. The exit load structure is as follows:
- If the units are redeemed after the completion of 12 months from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = Nil
- If the units are redeemed within 12 months from the date of allotment of the said units, then the exit load = 1% of the applicable NAV
Tax benefits of investing in SBI Large & Midcap Fund
The following taxes are applicable to income arising from investing in this scheme:
- STCG tax (units are held for a period of less than 12 months) of 15 percent on redemption of units.
- LTCG (units are held for a period of more than 12 months), in excess of Rs 1 Lakh, is taxed at 10 percent without indexation benefits on the redemption of units.
About SBI Mutual Fund
A joint venture between the State Bank of India (SBI) and Amundi Asset Management Company, France, the SBI Mutual Fund offers need-specific investment products to investors, Further, it has also been instrumental in educating the investors about the benefits of investing in Mutual Funds.
" Great investing experience! Contacted the support with queries.. Got immediate response and all my doubts clarified. Will definitely recommend ClearTax to friends "IT Developer, Bangalore
" I am new to investments and got all the information I need on your website. The suggestions for mutual fund investments and tax savings are great. "Software Engineer, Indore
" Investing through ClearTax is super easy and simple. It is extremely helpful for investors with less finance knowledge. "Campus Manager, Bangalore
Invest Now in 3 Easy Steps
Why ClearTax Invest?
- Our experts do all the research and offer only the BEST mutual funds
- Trusted by Over 25 Lakh Indians
- Invest in just 5 minutes
- No paperwork required
- Simple and easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read More
Start your investment
Min amount: ₹100
All investments come with risk. Risk is the volatility or fluctuation in the price (and returns) of the investment. Usually,
- High Risk = High possible returns
- Low Risk = Stable, relatively lower returns