Canara Bank Netbanking – Registration and Log In ProcessCanara Bank has been operational since the year 1906 and has seen a growth trajectory over various phases. One of the major phaseshifts is the implementation of technology into banking services. The bank offers internet banking facility in addition to branch services. In addition, the bank also has set up a digital branch facility with fully automated robotic assistance for customers to open accounts and perform transactions independently.
|Ownership Type||Public Sector Undertakings|
|Founder||Ammembal Subba Rao Pai|
|CEO||Lingam Venkat Prabhakar|
|Customer Service||1800 425 0018|
|Founded||1 July 1906|
Let us see how a customer can make use of netbanking services offered.
1. How to register for Canara Bank netbanking services?Step 1: Visit the official Canara Bank netbanking site at https://www.canarabank.in/. Step 2: Click on the ‘Net Banking – Lite (Retail)’ button. Step 3: Click on the ‘New User’ button on the screen. Step 4: You will be redirected to the page where all the concerned terms and conditions are specified as shown in the image below: Step 5: Click on ‘I Agree’ button to continue with the registration process. Step 6: Fill up the details asked for in the registration form such as account number, debit card number, registered mobile number, and customer ID. Step 7: Click on the ‘I Agree’ button at the bottom of the form. Step 8: In the screen following, a transaction reference number will be displayed. Also, you will receive an OTP that is to be entered twice on the screen. Step 9: Upon entering the OTP, you must click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page. Step 10: If you have not received the OTP within the specified time, you can request for another OTP by clicking on the ‘Regenerate OTP’ button. Step 11: Now, choose your login password, enter it twice in the relevant fields, and click on ‘Submit’. Step 12: Upon successful submission, the registration process will be completed. A success message will be displayed along with your user ID.
2. How to log into my account on Canara Bank netbanking portal?Step 1: Visit the official Canara Bank netbanking at https://www.canarabank.in/. Step 2: Click on the ‘Net Banking – Lite (Retail)’ button. Step 3: Enter your username, password, and captcha before the ‘Login’ button. Step 4: You will be redirected to your account’s dashboard where you can select from all the available services you qualify for.
3. How to reset the password on Canara Bank netbanking portal?Step 1: Visit the Password Reset Form available on the official Canara Bank Net Banking portal. Step 2: Enter details such as user ID, date of birth, and account number. Choose the method to reset the password from the available options such as Aadhaar number, PAN, passport number, and debit card linked to account. Now, enter the new password twice to confirm your new password. Step 3: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to reset your password.
4. Transaction limits
|Transaction Type||Transaction Limit|
|RTGS||Minimum limit: Rs.2 lakh|
5. How to transfer funds on the Canara Bank Net Banking portal?Step 1: Visit the official Canara Bank Net Banking site at https://www.canarabank.in/. Step 2: Log in to your account on the netbanking portal with your user ID and password. Step 3: Now, click on the ‘Funds Transfer’ menu on the dashboard. Step 4: Click on ‘Beneficiary Maintenance’ option on the left and choose the ‘Add Beneficiary’ option if you need to transfer funds to a new account number. Step 5: Select the type of transaction from the available options such as ‘Within Canara Bank’, ‘Transfer to Other Bank (NEFT/IMPS), and ‘Transfer to Other Bank (RTGS)’. Step 6: Based on the transaction type you choose, a form will be displayed. For example, if the second option was chosen, the following form will be displayed: Step 7: Fill up the name of the beneficiary, account number, IFSC, bank name, and branch name. Step 8: Click on the ‘Add’ button. Step 9: Review all the details entered and click ‘Confirm’ if you think they are all correct. Otherwise, click ‘Back’ to re-enter the incorrect details. Step 10: Enter your transaction password. Meanwhile, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP against the field ‘OTP Password’ and click ‘Submit’. Step 11: Upon successful addition of the beneficiary, the following screen will be displayed: Step 12: Choose the ‘Within Canara Bank’ or ‘Other Banks’ option from the left menu based on the beneficiary account type. Step 13: Choose the ‘Other Banks’ option, select one of the available options – IMPS, NEFT, or RTGS. You will see the following screen: Step 14: Enter the relevant details such as the account to be debited and beneficiary name. Upon entering the beneficiary name, details such as the account to be credited and beneficiary IFSC will be automatically filled. Enter the amount to be transferred and purpose if any. Click ‘Continue’. Step 15: Check if all the details entered are correct before clicking on the ‘Confirm’ button. Step 16: Enter the transaction password and OTP in the relevant fields, and click ‘Submit’ to complete the funds transfer process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I am eligible for netbanking services?Any individual who maintains an account with any of Canara Bank branches is eligible to enrol for netbanking services.
Should I use different login user IDs and passwords for the accounts I have with the different branches of Canara Bank?No. You can access all your accounts maintained with Canara Bank using a single user ID and password.
What other services can I avail on the Canara Bank Net Banking portal?Some of the services you can avail on the Canara Bank Net Banking portal are:
- View your previous transactions.
- Access your account statement.
- Open recurring deposit and fixed deposit accounts online.
- Request cheque book.
- Stop a cheque payment.