GST Portal or GSTN hosted at https://www.gst.gov.in/ is a website where all the activities related to GST can be done. Activities like GST registration, return filing, paynmet of taxes, application for refund, etc. can be done on the GST Portal.
1. How to register on GST Portal?
You need to go to the website and apply for GST Registration to register. On submission of all the details and documents, the registration process is completed. You can find out the entire process of registration in our article on GST Registration
2. How to Login to the GST Portal?
Type GST Log in on google click on GST website
Click on ‘Login’ on the home page
Enter Username and Password and Captcha code and click on ‘LOGIN’.
You will be taken to the dashboard on successful login where you can see a summary of the GST Credits that you have, GST Payable (if any), Notices, etc.
3. Services Available on GST Portal
Here is a list of some services available on the GST Portal. Click on the service to see the detailed guide.
- Application for Registration for Normal Taxpayer, ISD, Casual Dealer
- Application for GST Practitioner
- Opting for Composition Scheme (GST CMP-02)
- Stock intimation for Composition Dealers (GST CMP-03)
- Opting out of Composition Scheme (GST CMP-04)
- Filing GST Returns
- Payment of GST
- Filing Table 6A of GSTR-1 (Export Refund)
- Claim Refund of excess GST paid (RFD-01)
- Furnish Letter of Undertaking(LUT)(RFD-11)
- Transition Forms (TRAN-1, TRAN-2, TRAN-3)
- Viewing E-Ledgers
Other than the above services changing core and non-core fields, browsing notices received, filing ITC Forms, Engage/ Disengage GST Practitioner are some of the other services provided on the GST Portal/ GSTN.
For further reading and understanding, check out these articles: