File Your GSTR-3B Error-free in just 15 mins with ClearTax GST Software
Due date to file GSTR-3B: April 20th 2018
- Know accurate tax liability before uploading to GSTN Portal
- Save time by managing all your GSTINs at one place
- Avoid errors – No manual entry required in 3B Form
- Software price starts from just ₹5000 per year
What is GSTR 3B?
GSTR-3B is a monthly self-declaration that has to be filed a registered dealer from July 2017 till March 2018. Points to Note:
- You must file a separate GSTR-3B for each GSTIN you have
- Tax liability of GSTR-3B must be paid by the last date of filing GSTR-3B for that month
- GSTR-3B cannot be revised
Who should file GSTR 3B?
Every person who has registered for GST must file the return GSTR-3B including nill returns.
However, the following registrants do not have to file GSTR-3B
- Input Service Distributors & Composition Dealers
- Suppliers of OIDAR
- Non-resident taxable person
Late Fee & Penalty
Filing GSTR-3B is mandatory even for nill returns. Late Fee for filing GSTR-3B after the due date is as follows:
- Rs. 50 per day of delay
- Rs. 20 per day of delay for taxpayers having Nil tax liability for the month
Interest @ 18% per annum is payable on the amount of outstanding tax to be paid.
**Late fee for July, August, and September has been waived
How to File GSTR-3B on ClearTax GST Software?
I have no sales or purchase in a month. Should I still file GSTR-3B?Yes, GSTR-3B has to be filed by every registered person even if there are no transactions in a month.
Should I provide invoice wise details on the return?Only consolidated numbers are required in GSTR-3B. Invoice wise breakup is not required.
I have 2 GSTIN’s. One in Delhi and other in Assam. Can I file 1 GSTR-3B for both registrations?No. GSTR-3B has to be filed for every GSTIN separately. The returns cannot be clubbed.
Can I file the return using ClearTax GST Software?You can prepare and upload your GSTR-3B using ClearTax GST Software. But the final submission and filing have to be done on GST portal/GSTN.
Will there be any invoice matching in GSTR-3B?Invoice matching is not done in GSTR-3B. This return is more of a self-declaration.
Do i have to file GSTR-1, GSTR-2 and GSTR-3 even after filing GSTR-3B?GSTR-1 has to be filed on a monthly or a quarterly basis depending on the turnover. Due dates and filing of GSTR-2 and GSTR-3 will be worked out by the GST Council soon. You have to file GSTR-3B every month.