We are at the brink of one of the biggest business changes of our times viz. Goods and Services Tax. So far, most of the big businesses have already identified vendors for implementation of GST software. Many of the large enterprises had floated a Request for Proposal/Request for Information (RFP/RFI) late last year, asking software providers to present them with their solutions. They would have then evaluated these providers, over multiple product demos and extensive question and answer rounds, to reach a stage where they can now begin the implementation process, and undertake business process mapping and solution’s.
If you, too, are looking for a GST software, then here is a list of some of the key features that our software provides.
Cloud based GST Software
Cleartax GST is a cloud based software i.e. developed and maintained on internet which empowers us to provide our users with the following features
- Create a sync between working offline and backup on connectivity with internet
- Providing an updated version of our software without bothering the user with additional efforts to update the software
- Easy access to software from anywhere at any time without worrying about internet connectivity
No desktop for installation
As the software is hosted on cloud, user need not have a desktop system for installation of our software. ClearTax GST software can be downloaded as an offline software on system / mobile app, mobile website / desktop website. User need not bear additional cost of installation of the software and utilities. Hence, You can login from anywhere and anytime.
Integration of accounts
In a situation where user is dealing with multiple clients or businesses along with their voluminous data, our software makes it easy for them to:
- Bulk import of such data through excel or templates
- Features like filter and bulk selection makes it work friendly
Validation while invoicing
Post GST rollout, user will have to create invoices having more than 20 fields such as HSN code, GSTIN of supplier etc., and these invoices need to be uploaded on the GSTN portal on monthly basis.
At the point of creating an invoice our software makes sure that all mandatory fields are accurately filled. In case of any mistake, an alert or notification will be given for every error made in an invoice along with report of all such invoices.
Determination of Place of Supply
The taxable event under GST is the ‘Supply’ of Goods or Services. Based on the criteria laid under GST, user can treat the supply of goods or services as either Intra-State (within the State) or Inter-State (Outside the State).
While other software will ask the user to provide the place of supply, our software automatically determines and populates under every invoice based on information entered.
Determination of rates while creating an invoice is the crucial aspect as short payment of taxes due to wrong determination of rates will lead to payment of interest and penalties
Our software automatically populates the accurate rates in the invoices as the user provides the HSN number. This feature not only saves user from interest and penalties but also relieves them from stress of determining and feeding it every time they create invoices. Hence saving time and duplicity of efforts
Contact master and Item master
You may create a contact master data of all your customers for the following details:
- Customer name
- Customer GSTIN
- Billing and shipping address
- Place of Supply
You may create a master data of all item of goods/ services in which you deal for the following details:
- Type of Item i.e. goods or services
- HSN number
- Unit Price
User may upload a list of all its customers through an excel and accordingly all the customers contacted by our software.
Each time you create an invoice the above details will be auto-populated, leading to lesser chance for error and saving time.
From 1st July, every tax payer needs to issue GST compliant invoice to its customers, mentioning of GSTIN of customers is a mandatory field for invoicing. While user may not have the GSTIN of all their customers, Cleartax GST provides its user an easy way to collect GSTIN from their customers
- select the customers from whom you want to collect their GSTIN
- An email and phone text will be send to selected customers
- Customers need to fill the details and submit the web page
- The data will be auto-populated under the ‘Contact Master’
Besides, the list of following customers will also be available:
- Request sent
- Request not sent
- Customers replied
- Customers not replied
- Sent a reminder
Notification and alerts
The users of our software will receive a notification or alert for the following matters:
- Where goods have been sent for job work, period of 1 year or 3 years are about to expire and goods not yet received back
- In an invoice shipping address do not match with billing address
- Where interest or penalties for late or non-filing of returns, short or non-payment of taxes have not been paid. User will be notified along with calculations that they may receive a notice for default in compliance
Hence, user will be able to keep a track of major dates and actions to be taken accordingly
We at Cleartax GST aim to make taxation and compliance simplified for our users. Since with the introduction of GST all businesses and professionals are at unrest due huge compliance, Cleartax GST makes it not only simplified but also triggers to make its users GST compliant with clarity and conscience.
Learn more about ClearTax GST software and watch the demo to see how it can get your enterprise GST Compliant.