Prerequisites for Using GST Portal: System Requirements
While GST implementation is now in its final stage of readiness, trade bodies and associations are concerned over the preparedness of Small and Medium Businesses. Many of these trade associations are now lobbying the government for further delay in GST implementation so as to provide sufficient time for small businesses to have the requisite technological advancements in place to integrate businesses with GST regime.
Revised model GST law requires a business to upload all the purchase and sales invoices online on GST Network portal. Input credit under goods and services tax shall be available on the basis of these invoices alone through a systematic mechanism.
Businesses, small or large, will have to set up the requisite infrastructure so that the common portal can be accessed. Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) along with various trade associations are carrying out outreach programs to create awareness among small businesses.
At ClearTax we have always championed the simplification of taxes for our users. Continuing our approach of simplifying taxes, we are providing you with a guide on system requirements as also specified by GSTN for easy access to the GST portal.
System Requirements for Accessing the GST Common Portal
Desktop Browser: Internet Explorer 10+/ Chrome 49+ or Firefox 45+
Besides a compatible desktop browser following should be enabled:
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) – used to render User Interface look and feel of the portal. Disabling this will not provide the appropriate user experience.
- Cookie – used to store personalized information of the user. Disabling this will not allow the user to log in and perform any transaction in the portal.
System Requirements for Usage of Digital Signature Certificate
- Desktop Browser: Internet Explorer 10+/ Chrome 49+ or Firefox 45+
- Valid class 2 or class 3 Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) obtained from a DSC provider. Obtain you Digital Signature from here.
- GST Common Portal supports only Crypto Tokens installed in Hard Tokens for DSC Registration
- For Hard Token based certificates, please refer user manual provided by Certifying Authority for certificate download, enrolment, and usage of Hard Token
- Signing using DSC is not supported on mobile devices and browsers
As a taxable person, if you have access to these systems, your transition journey is going to be smooth. In case your business has largely been carried out on manual records, it’s time for you to champion the Digital India campaign and introduce technology to your business.
System Specification Source: GSTN