Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is a newer form of business which is a mixture of a company and a partnership firm. While it has benefits and characteristics of a private limited company, it can be operated flexibly just like a normal partnership.
Compliances are lesser in LLP as compared to a company, yet the partners have limited liability since LLP acts as a legal entity separate from partners.
Documents required for registering LLP in India
Documents of both partners, as well as the partnership firm, have to be submitted for registering the LLP.
A. Documents of Partners
1. ID Proof of Partners – All the partners are required to provide their PAN at the time of registering LLP. PAN card acts as a primary ID proof.
2. Address Proof of Partners – Partner can submit anyone document out of Voter’s ID, Passport, Driver’s license or Aadhar Card. Name and other details as per address proof and PAN card should be exactly same. If spelling of own name or father’s name or date of birth is different in address proof and PAN card, it should be corrected before submitting to RoC.
3. Residence Proof of Partners – Latest bank statement, telephone bill, mobile bill, electricity bill or gas bill should be submitted as a residence proof. Such bill or statement shouldn’t be more than 2 months old and must contain the name of partner as mentioned in PAN card.
4. Photograph – Partners should also provide their passport size photograph, preferably on white background.
5. Passport (in case of Foreign Nationals/ NRIs) – For becoming a partner in Indian LLP, foreign nationals and NRIs have to submit their passport compulsorily. Passport has to be notarised or apostilled by the relevant authorities in the country of such foreign nationals and NRI, else Indian Embassy situated in that country can also sign the documents.
Foreign Nationals or NRIs have to submit a proof of address also which will be a driving license, bank statement, residence card or any government issued identity proof containing the address.
If the documents are in other than the English language, a notarised or apostilled translation copy will be also be attached.
B. Documents of LLP
1. Proof of Registered Office Address
Proof of registered office has to be submitted during registration, or within 30 days of its incorporation.
If the registered office is taken on rent, rent agreement and a no objection certificate from the landlord has to be submitted. No objection certificate will be the consent of the landlord to allow the LLP to use the place as ‘registered office’.
Besides, anyone document out of utility bills like gas, electricity, or telephone bill must be submitted. The bill should contain complete address of the premise and owner’s name and the document shouldn’t be older than 2 months.
One of the designated partners needs to opt for a digital signature certificate also since all documents and applications will be digitally signed by the authorised signatory.