If you’ve downloaded the ITR-V from the Income Tax Department’s website, you’ll need a password to open it.
Password to open ITR-V
The password is your PAN number in lower letters along with date of birth.
Date of birth: 01/01/1975
After receiving your ITR-V (acknowledgement), you have to send it to CPC, Bangalore within 120 days of e-filing your Income Tax return.
What is ITR-V?
ITR-V is a one page document, which you need to sign in BLUE INK and send via ordinary post or speed post. You cannot courier the ITR-V.
You do NOT need to send any supporting documents along with the ITR-V. Just the one page signed ITR-V.
We strongly recommend that you send your ITR-V at the earliest for your tax refund processing. Don’t forget, ok?
Address of CPC, Bangalore for Speed Post:
Post Bag No.1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100
Click here to go to the next step:
Checking whether CPC has received your ITR-V
Detailed instructions provided by Income Tax Department
- Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR-V Form.
- Avoid printing on Dot Matrix printer.
- The ITR-V Form should be printed only in black ink.
- Do not use any other ink option to print ITR V.
- Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
- Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR-V.
- The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original in BLUE INK.
- Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
- The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
- Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
- Only A4 size white paper should be used.
- Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
- Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
- Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
- In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
- More than one ITR-V can be sent in the same envelope.
- Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V.
- The ITR-V form is required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by ordinary post or speedpost.
- ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.