The use of Digital Signature for documents has become widely applicable for various Government agencies and organizations. The digital signature provides a protected and secure method to sign any documents that can be transferred or saved online for digital reference.
Step 1: Install Emsigner on Your Computer
To download Emsigner on your computer, you can visit thegovernment website. You can follow the installation wizard to install Emsigner on your computer.
Step 2: Install Java on your computerYou can download Java on your computer by visiting the downloads section of the Java website. Once you have downloaded and installed the file on your system, you must set a path. To set a path, go to My Computer and right-click on This PC. From the drop-down menu, select Properties. Next, click on Advanced System Settings >Environment Variable. On the System Variable tab, click on New and copy paste the following:
- Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
- Variable Value: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161)
Step 3: Sender Email ConfigurationSign in to your Gmail Account and click on My Account (Near the Logout Button). Here, go to Sign-in and Security. Next, change Allow less secure apps to ON.
Step 4: Sign any document
- Select the document to sign
- Select the folder where you wish to save the signed documents
- Select your DSC or Signed image
- Select the manner of signing i.e. DSC or image based
- Select a signing template
- Click on ‘Start Signing Now’
- Enter the password of DSC used to sign the documents
- Your signing process will start here.
- The documents will be signed and saved in the output folder created by you in step- 2
Step 5: Email signed documentsAfter signing the documents, the signed documents gets saved in the output folder say ‘ABC’. In the same folder you will find a file named ‘signingresults.xlsx’, open this file and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Fill the column named ‘Email Address’ and ‘Recipient Name’ along each signed document
- Now create a new template for sending emails by clicking on ‘Add new sender details’
- Provide a name to the template
- Select the Email Provider like gmail, outlook from the dropdown menu
- Enter Sender Name and Email ID along with Email password
- Enter Host Name and Server Port
- Save the template
- Enter the subject of the Email
- Click on ‘Start Email’