The use of DSC has gained significant prominence to ensure security and protection of online transactions and transfer of documents across various transacting parties.
Based on the use and types of transactions conducted, the DSC is issued for a limited time period of its validity (1 year or 2 years validity).
After the completion of the validity of the DSC, you must obtain a renewed DSC for which an application has to be made. In case of any change in the personal information detailed in the DSC, you must apply for making those changes for updating the same on the DSC.
Pre-requisites for applying for renewal or change in DSC
- You must obtain a DSC USB-token in case of DSC renewal. If you have not procured a USB-token while registering for your DSC, then you must procure the same for the renewal process
- You must apply for the renewal with the same name registered in your existing DSC.Any change in the name during the renewal process is not permissible and will be treated as a fresh application for registration of a new DSC
- Changes made to the postal address and contact details are permissible
- The application for renewal of the DSC must be made 7 days prior to the expiry of your existing DSC
- To apply for renewal or change in DSC, you must install on your PC/machine the existing DSC and the DSC which requires a change
Steps to follow for a renewal or change in DSC
Steps to follow for Renewal or Change of an Expired DSC
If you have failed to apply for the renewal or change in DSC before its expiry, you must follow the details below to apply for the same.
The documents required in case of an expired DSC are
a. DSC Change request cum Authorization Letter
Download the letter from Google in Word Document format and fill in the necessary details required in the letter.
b. Screen-shots of the new DSC
Open the Internet Explorer browser and go to ‘Tools’ option on the top right-hand corner.
Select Internet Options → Content → Certificates → Personal Tab
1. Under Personal Tab choose the certificate to view
2. You must obtain the screen-shots of the following items from the new DSC
a. General Tab
b. Serial Number
c. Authority Key Identifier
On obtaining the above-mentioned documents you must take a print of the same and enclose it in an envelope marking it with ‘Renewal or change of Digital Signature Certificate for Online PAN Verification’
Post the envelope to the following address for further processing:
Thus, you have completed the process of the Renewal or change in DSC