Union Budget 2019 Highlights
Direct Taxation– Budget 2019 Highlights
- Interest deduction on housing loan under Section 80EEA increased by 1.5 lakh for home loans taken on self-occupied house property by 31/3/2020, houses with the cost of Rs 45 lacs will be eligible for this.
- Interchangeability of PAN and Aadhar for ease and convenience of taxpayers! Income Tax return can be filed using Aadhar Number!!
- To discourage cash payments TDS@ 2% on withdrawals exceeding 1Cr per annum from a bank account under a new section 194N.
- Surcharge for individuals having taxable income from Rs 2 crores to Rs 5 crores increased to 25% – FY 2019-20
- Surcharge for individuals having taxable income from Rs 5 crores to Rs 10 crores increased to 37% – FY 2019-20
- Proposal to give relief in levy of securities transaction tax
- Corporate tax worth 25% that is applicable to companies with an annual turn over Rs 250 crore will be applicable to the ones with an annual turnover of Rs 400 crore
- Section 35AD deduction extended to Li-On battery, Semi-conductor, Laptops, Fabrication & Photovoltaic cell.
- Additional income tax deduction of up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs is proposed on payment of interest on loan is taken to purchase electric vehicles under section 80EEB.
- Faceless and anonymous assessment system for income tax being rolled out this year in phases.
Infrastructure – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Thrust on investment in infrastructure, national highways and aviation sectors
- The second phase of Bharat Mala to develop State Highways
- A comprehensive restructuring of national highways will be taken up
Startup Development – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Exclusive programs for startups on DD News
- Startups – Angel Tax Issue – Filed declarations – Will not be subjected to any scrutiny in the valuation of Share Premium
- No scrutiny on the valuation of share premium for Startups
- Funds raised by the startup to not require scrutiny from IT Department
- The period of exception of capital gains is extended for startups: Carry Forward and Set off of loss – CG from Sale of residential houses up to 31.3.2021
Household – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Provision of housing, electricity, clean cooking facility and safe and adequate drinking water to all: Rural India
- Rainwater harvesting, groundwater recharge, and management of household wastewater for reuse in agriculture
- Har Ghar Jal – to all rural household by 2024
- 7 crore LPG connections delivered to rural households
Pension – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Proposed pension benefit to 3 crore retail traders and shopkeepers whose annual turnover is up to Rs 1.5 crore
MSME– Budget 2019 Highlights
- 350 crore rupees allocated for 2% interest subvention for all GST-registered MSMEs on fresh or incremental loans.
- MSME: Large scale extensive reforms planned, government to create a platform for MSME payments.
- MSME to get loans up to 1 crore within 59 minutes …350 Crore loans already given
Women Empowerment– Budget 2019 Highlights
- Committee to be formed with Public and Private stakeholders for gender equality: FM
- Every SHG Women having Jan Dhan Account – Rs. 5,000/- overdraft allowed: FM
- Loan up to 1 lakh under Mudra Scheme for Women entrepreneurs: FM
NRI – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Proposal for Issuance of Aadhar Card on arrival for NRIs with Indian Passports: FM
- Aadhaar card for NRI’s post arrival in India
- To increase NRI investment in Indian capital market – NRI portfolio scheme route and FPI route should merge
Railway Budget 2019 highlights
- Railway infra would need an investment of 50 lakh crores between 2018 and 2030;
- PPP to be used to unleash faster development and delivery of passenger freight services
- Railway Station Modernisation will be launched this year.
- Indian Railways to be encouraged to invest more in urban and suburban regions
- 657KM of Metro Rail operational in the country.
Banking Updates– Budget 2019 Highlights
- Reforms will be taken to strengthen governance in Public Sector banks
- NPAs of commercial banks reduced by over 1 lach crores over last year
- Record Recovery of over 4lac crore with IBS
- NPAs of commercial banks reduced by over 1 lakh crore over last year
- After Consolidation of Public Sector Banks, now 70,000 Crore of Capital boost for credit improvement
- Government has smoothly carried out consolidation, reducing the number of PSBs by 8
- NBFCs – that are fundamentally sound, will get fundings from govt to a total of 1lakh crore during the current financial year
- RBI has limited regulatory Authorities, Now the Regulatory Authorities of RBI over NBFC will be placed
- Proposal to return regulatory authority from NHB to RBI!
Electric Vehicles – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Lower GST Rate from 12% to 5% on Electric vehicle and Additional Income Tax Deduction of 2.5 Lakh on Interest paid on loan taken to purchase an electric vehicle
- To make electric vehicles affordable, additional IT deduction on 1.5 lakh on interest paid on loan taken to purchase electric vehicles
Technology – Budget 2019 Highlights
- Solar storage batteries and chargers included in 35AD deduction: FM
- Program of mass scaling of LED Bulbs – Approx. 35 Crores of LED bulbs distribute
- Machines and robots to be deployed for scavenging
- Focus on VR, AI, Robotics training to youth to align India with the World
Education – Union Budget 2019 highlights
- National Educational Policy to transforms India’s Higher Education System
- National Research Foundation – to fund, coordinate, and assimilate research grants.Funds from all ministries to be directed to NRF for its development
- For the Youth – New national educational policy to transform the Indian education system
- Swayam Initiative – Online education to be promoted
- IIT AND IISC together to resolve major research and engineering challenges
- Study in India – to bring foreign students in India