How to Add a New Contact while Creating a Sale Bill?
While creating a sale bill, to add a new contact follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on Add New Contact
- Under Customer Or Vendor Name, add the name of your customer’s business
- Under Contact person, add the name of the person you will communicate with
- Insert the customer’s GSTIN
- Enter the other details and then click on Save
This saved information will reflect in your contact list and you will never have to fill in these details again
Watch a Video on How to Add a New Contact
How to View All Contacts in ClearTax GST?
To see the details of every customer on your contacts list follow these steps:
- Click on the Quick Action button
- Go To Settings. Click on it and select the option View Contact List
- Click on the View Contact List option
- Every relevant information will be displayed here
- To change the contact details, double-click on the Contact tab and after you have made the changes, click on Save
This way, you can change any previously stored information about your customers
Watch a video on How to View all Contacts
How to Bulk Import Contacts of Customers/ Vendors?
To bulk-import your contacts, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to your business dashboard and click on ‘Dashboard’
- From the top panel, click on ‘More‘ and click on ‘Contact Master‘
- To add contact list click here
- To download a sample excel click here.
- fill the downloaded excel with contact details and save it on your computer
- Browse and upload that file.
- On successful upload, the below screen will appear. To view the list of contacts, click on ‘contacts master’ under ‘More’
- The list of contacts added is available here
Watch a video on How to Bulk Import all Contacts
How to Collect GSTIN of Customers/ Vendors?
- Go to your business dashboard and click on ‘Contact Master’ under ‘More’ option
- Select the customer or vendor and click on Request GSTIN
- Requested customer or vendor will receive a message on their phone with a link
- The customer has to click on the link and fill the details as directed. Next click on ‘Continue’
- Now fill the address line of details and click on ‘Submit’
- Customer’s GSTIN will be updated on your dashboard
Watch a video on How to Collect GSTIN of Customers/ Vendors