Delhi has become the startup capital of India. According to the Economic Survey 2021-22, over 5,000 recognised startups were added between April 2019 to December 2021 in Delhi. It is one of the major commercial centres in north India due to the existence of many industries, such as information technology, telecommunications, banking media, tourism, etc., which is one of the reasons for the rapid increase in entrepreneurial spirit.
Different Types of Company Registration in Delhi
In Delhi, every company is established under the Companies Act 2013, and the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) governs them. The following are the types of companies that an entrepreneur can incorporate in Delhi:
- One Person Company (OPC): A company incorporated by a single member is known as OPC. An OPC is suitable for single or sole entrepreneurs.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): LLP is incorporated by two or more partners. It is suitable for a group wishing to start a company as a partner.
- Private Limited Company: A private limited company is established by two or more members. It is best suited for entrepreneurs planning to raise funds for their businesses.
- Public Limited Company: A public limited company is established by a group of people who wish to offer the company shares to the public.
Requirements for Company Registration in Delhi
Entrepreneurs must comply with the following requirements before applying for company registration in New Delhi:
- The company must have a unique name, i.e., not identical or similar to an already registered company name or trademark.
- The company must have the minimum directors (One director for OPC, two for a private company and three for a public company).
- Foreign nationals can be directors of the company, but at least one director must be an Indian citizen.
- All the directors must have a Director Identification Number (DIN).
- The company must have the minimum members (One member for OPC, two for a private company and seven for a public company).
- All the directors and shareholders must have a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) to sign documents and forms.
- The company must have a registered office address in Delhi.
- The company must prepare its Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA).
Company Registration Authorities in Delhi
The company registration process in Delhi is entirely online. Entrepreneurs should submit the filled company registration form and the required documents on the MCA website, and the Central Registration Centre (CRC) will process the same.
Upon completion of the registration formalities, each state’s Registrar of Companies (ROC) issues a digitally signed Certificate of Incorporation. In Delhi, the Registrar of Companies, Delhi (Delhi ROC) is the authority for company and LLP registration.
The address of the Registrar of Companies in Delhi is as follows: Registrar Of Companies, 4th Floor, IFCI Tower, 61, Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019 and the email ID is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Registration Process in Delhi
The company registration process in Delhi is as follows:
- Applying for the DSC and DIN of all directors.
- Filling Part-A of the SPICe+ form and reserving the company name on the MCA website.
- Filling company details in Part-B of the SPICe+ form.
- Filing the eMOA and eAOA.
- Filling the AGILE-PRO form for opening a bank account and registration of EPFO, ESIC, GSTIN and professional tax (if applicable).
- Uploading the required documents.
- Submitting the filled form SPICe+ form on the MCA website by attaching the DSC of the proposed director and declaration by a professional (Chartered Accountant/Company
- Secretary/Cost Accountant/Advocate).
- Paying the company registration fees and ROC stamp duty on the MCA website and generating the challans.
- The CRC will process the application and forward it to the ROC when all the documents are proper.
- The ROC will register the company and issue the following:
- Company Incorporation Certificate
- Company Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Company Tax Collection and Deduction Number (TAN).
Documents Required for Company Registration in Delhi
- PAN card of every director and shareholder.
- ID proof of every director and shareholder, which can be any one of the below documents:
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- Passport (in case of foreign nationals)
- Address proof of every director and shareholder, which can be any one of the below documents:
- Bank account statement
- Latest electricity, water or internet bill
- Mobile bill not older than three months
- Resident card, bank statement or driving license (in case of foreign nationals)
- Proof of registered office address of the company, which can be any one of the below documents:
- Electricity, gas, internet or water bill
- Rental agreement and NOC from the owner (in case building premises is leased)
- Latest property tax receipts
- Sale deed or property registration deed (in case building premises is own)
Disclaimer: The materials provided herein are solely for information purposes. No attorney-client relationship is created when you access or use the site or the materials. The information presented on this site does not constitute legal or professional advice. It should not be relied upon for such purposes or used as a substitute for legal advice from an attorney licensed in your state.
Get an expert at affordable price
For ITR, GST returns, Company Registration, Trademark Registration, GST Registration