Every dealer whose annual turnover exceeds Rs 20 lakh (Rs 40 lakh or Rs 10 lakh, as it may vary depending upon state and kind of supplies) has to register for GST.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to complete registration process online on the GST Portal–
Step 1 – Go to GST portal. Click on Services. Then, click on ‘Registration’ tab and thereafter, select ‘New Registration’.
- Select New Registration radio button
- In the drop-down under ‘I am a’ – select Taxpayer
- Select State and District from the drop down
- Enter the Name of Business and PAN of the business
- Key in the Email Address and Mobile Number. The registered email id and mobile number will receive the OTPs.
- Click on Proceed
Step 5 – Once again go to GST portal. Select the ‘New Registration’ tab.
Here is the list of documents you need to keep handy while applying for GST registration-
- Constitution of the taxpayer
- Proof for the place of business
- Bank account details*
- Verification and aadhaar authentication, if chosen
* Bank account details are non-mandatory at the time of GST registration since 27th December 2018.
- Companies and LLPs must submit application using DSC
- Using e-Sign – OTP will be sent to Aadhaar registered number
- Using EVC – OTP will be sent to the registered mobile
You can check the ARN status for your registration by entering the ARN in GST Portal.