Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your response
The ewaybill (EWB) portal provides a seamless gateway to generate eWay bills (single and consolidated options), change vehicle number on the already generated EWB , cancel generated EWBs and many more…
Eway bills in EWB-01 can be generated by either of two methods-
This article focuses on the step-by-step process of generating the eway bills on the e way bill portal (web-based).
Latest Updates on e-way bills
29th August 2021
From 1st May 2021 to 18th August 2021, the taxpayers will not face blocking of e-way bills for non-filing of GSTR-1 or GSTR-3B (two months or more for monthly filer and one quarter or more for QRMP taxpayers) for March 2021 to May 2021.
4th August 2021
Blocking of e-way bills due to non-filing of GSTR-3B resumes from 15th August 2021.
1st June 2021
1. The e-way bill portal, in its release notes, has clarified that a suspended GSTIN cannot generate an e-way bill. However, a suspended GSTIN as a recipient or as a transporter can get a generated e-way bill.
2. the mode of transport ‘Ship’ has now been updated to ‘Ship/Road cum Ship’ so that the user can enter a vehicle number where goods are initially moved by road and a bill of lading number and date for movement by ship. This will help in availing the ODC benefits for movement using ships and facilitate the updating of vehicle details as and when moved on road.
18th May 2021
The CBIC in Notification 15/2021-Central Tax has notified that the blocking of GSTINs for e-Way Bill generation is now considered only for the defaulting supplier’s GSTIN and not for the defaulting recipient or the transporter’s GSTIN.
17th March 2021
1. The e-way bills portal has released an update stating that e-way bills cannot be generated with only SAC codes (99) for services. There should be a minimum of one HSN code belonging to goods mentioned mandatorily.
2. Vehicle type ODC is provisioned for transport mode ‘Ship’.
3. Transporters are provided with a report of e-way bills based on the assigned date.
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
There are some prerequisites for generating an eway bill (for any method of generation):
Here is a step by step Guide to Generate EWay Bill (EWB-01) online:
Step 1: Login to the eway bill system.
Enter the Username, password and Captcha code, Click on ‘Login’.
Step 2: Click on ‘Generate new’ under ‘E-waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 3: Enter the following fields on the screen that appears:
1) Transaction Type: Select ‘Outward’ if you are a supplier of consignment Select ‘Inward’ if you are a recipient of consignment.
2) Sub-type: Select the relevant sub-type applicable to you: If transaction type selected is Outward, following subtypes appear:
If transaction type selected is Inward, following subtypes appear:
Note: SKD/CKD- Semi knocked down condition/ Complete knocked down condition
3) Document type: Select either of Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
4) Document No. : Enter the document/invoice number
5) Document Date: Select the date of Invoice or challan or Document. Note: The system will not allow the user to enter the future date.
6) From/ To Depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient, enter the To / From section details.
Note: If the supplier/client is unregistered, then mention ‘URP’ in the field GSTIN, indicating that the supplier/client is an ‘Unregistered Person’.
7) Item Details: Add the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section:
Note: On the implementation of Eway bills, Based on the details entered here, corresponding entries can also be auto-populated in the respective GST Return while filing on the GST portal.
8) Transporter details: The mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in KM) needs to be compulsorily mentioned in this part. Apart from above, either of the details can be mentioned:
Format: AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or AB121234 or ABC1234
Note: For products, clients/customers, suppliers, and transporters that are used regularly, first update the ‘My masters’ section also available on the login dashboard and then proceed.
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’. The system validates data entered and throws up an error if any.
Otherwise, your request is processed and the eway bill in Form EWB-01 form with a unique 12 digit number is generated. The eway bill generated looks like this:
Print and carry the eway bill for transporting the goods in the selected mode of transport and the selected conveyance.
Step-1: Click on ‘Print EWB’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option
Step-2: Enter the relevant eway bill number -12 digit number and click on ‘Go’
Step-3: Click on ‘Print’ or ‘detailed print’ button on the EWB that appears:
ClearTax offers a wide range of services in GST compliances such as Invoicing, Preparation and filing of returns and the latest addition to this list is preparing and generating ‘E-Way Bill’. ClearTax EWayBill helps you:
For Further Reading and Understanding on E-Way Bill: