1. Who can update GST registration details?
A business can update or correct its GST registration details when:
- The application is being processed and
- The business is already registered under GST (application is already processed)
Check out the ClearTax GST Registration Services. We help you to get your business GST registered and obtain your GSTIN easily.
2. What are details that can be changed or updated?
A business owner can apply for change(s) of the following items:
- Name of business*
- Address of the principal place of business
- An additional place of business
- Addition, deletion or retirement of partners or directors, Managing Committee, CEO i.e., people who are responsible for day to day affairs of the business*
- Mobile number or e-mail address of the authorized signatory**
*Points (1 & 4) – Any change(s) done in one state will be reflected across all the states
**Point (5) – The change(s) can be made by simply submitting the FORM GST REG-14 and verifying online through the Common Portal.
3. What about changes other than the above-mentioned?
Change(s) other than the above-mentioned (Points 1-5) will be amended immediately on submitting FORM GST REG- 14 on the Common Portal.
No verification by a GST officer will be conducted.
4. Can the PAN (Permanent Account Number) be changed or updated?
No. If there is any mistake in the PAN number, the applicant will have no other choice except to file for a fresh registration using FORM GST REG-01.
This is because GSTIN number is based on the PAN.
5. What is the process of changing or updating the GST registration details?
The process has been detailed out below:
For changes in the above-mentioned items (1-4), follow these steps:
Submit FORM GST REG-14 along with required documents.
The GST officer will verify and approve within 15 days in FORM GST REG-15. The change will take effect from the date of occurrence of the event.
If the Officer is not satisfied with the documents then he/she can serve a show cause notice in FORM GST REG-03.
The applicant must reply in FORM GST REG-04 within 7 days.
If the Officer is not satisfied with the reply, he/she can reject the application and pass an order in FORM GST REG -05.
If the GST Officer does not to take any more action then it is assumed that the information has been changed.