Every dealer whose Annual turnover exceeds Rs 20 lakh (for special states, the amount is Rs 10 lakh) has to register for GST.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to complete registration process online on the GST Portal–
Step 1 – Go to GST portal. Click on Register Now under Taxpayers (Normal)
- Select New Registration
- In the drop-down under I am a – select Taxpayer
- Select State and District from the drop down
- Enter the Name of Business and PAN of the business
- Key in the Email Address and Mobile Number. The registered email id and mobile number will receive the OTPs.
- Click on Proceed
Step 5 – Once again go to GST portal. Click on Register Now.
Here is the list of documents you need to keep handy while applying for GST registration-
- Constitution of the taxpayer
- Proof for the place of business
- Bank account details
- Authorization form
- Companies must submit application using DSC
- Using e-Sign – OTP will be sent to Aadhaar registered number
- Using EVC – OTP will be sent to the registered mobile
You can check the ARN status for your registration by entering the ARN in GST Portal.