GST Portal or government GST portal is hosted at https://www.gst.gov.in/. GST login portal is a website where all the compliance activities of GST can be done. Activities such as the GST registration, return filing, payment of taxes, application for refund, etc. can be done on the GST login Portal.
As on 20th February 2020
Filing facility of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C for FY 2018-19 is now operational on the GST portal.
1. How to register on GST Portal?
Visit the gst.gov.in website and make an application for GST Registration. On submission of all the details and documents, an acknowledgement number is allotted. After due verification by the GST officer, the registration process is completed by allocation of GST Identification Number (GSTIN). You can read our article to learn the entire process of GST registration.
2. How to Login to the GST Portal?
Visit gst.gov.in/GST portal and click on ‘Login’ appearing on the right hand corner of the homepage.
Enter the username, password, captcha code and click on ‘LOGIN’.
You will see your dashboard upon a successful login. You can view a summary of the GST credits that you have, GST payable (if any), notices received, if any, along with return filing options.
3. Services Available on GST Portal
Here is a list of some services available on the GST Portal. Click on the service to see the detailed guide.
- Application for Registration for Normal Taxpayer, ISD, Casual Dealer
- Application for GST Practitioner
- Opting for Composition Scheme (GST CMP-02)
- Stock intimation for Composition Dealers (GST CMP-03)
- Opting out of Composition Scheme (GST CMP-04)
- Filing GST Returns
- Payment of GST
- Filing Table 6A of GSTR-1 (Export Refund)
- Claim Refund of excess GST paid (RFD-01)
- Furnish Letter of Undertaking(LUT)(RFD-11)
- Transition Forms (TRAN-1, TRAN-2, TRAN-3)
- Viewing E-Ledgers
- Filing of GSTR-9 -Annual Return
- Filing of GSTR-9C -Reconciliation Statement
Other than the above services changing core and non-core fields, browsing notices received, filing ITC Forms, Engage/ Disengage GST Practitioner are some of the other services provided on the GST Portal/ GSTN.
For further reading and understanding, check out these articles: