What is Loan Against Property EMI?
The loan against property is secured against an asset such as a residential house or a commercial premise. The loan against property EMIs are made up of both, the principal and the interest portions. The pledged asset remains as collateral with the lender until you repay the total loan against the property amount.
The loan against property interest rates is lower as compared to an unsecured loan such as a personal loan. The loan against property has no end-use restrictions, and you may use the loan for individual needs.
The loan against property is also called the mortgage loan as it is secured against immovable property. The calculation of the loan against the property schedule is based on amortisation. The interest component would constitute a larger part of the EMIs during the initial stages as compared to the principal portion.
However, as you continue repaying the EMIs, the interest portion reduces, and the principal component of your EMI goes up. The total value of the loan against property EMI will remain constant across the tenure of the loan.
What is the Loan Against Property EMI Calculator?
The loan against property EMI calculator is a utility tool that shows the loan against property EMIs you must pay the lender every month. If you enter the loan amount, the rate of interest and the tenure of the loan, the loan against property EMI calculator will show the monthly EMI in seconds.
The loan against property EMI calculator consists of a formula box and three sliders showing the loan amount, duration, and the rate of interest. After you fill in the details, the calculator will display the EMI amount that you must pay the lender every month, to repay the loan against the property.
How Does Loan Against Property EMI Calculators Work?
You can calculate the loan against property EMI amount using the mathematical formula:
EMI amount = [P x R x (1+R)^N]/[(1+R)^N-1] where P, R, and N are the variables.
The EMI value would change every time you change any of the three variables.
‘P’ stands for the principal amount that is the original amount sanctioned to you by the bank. The interest would be calculated on this amount. ‘R’ is the rate of interest set by the lender. ‘N’ stands for the number of years given to you for the repayment of the loan.
The EMIs are paid each month, and the duration of the loan is calculated in months. For example, if you avail a loan against the property of Rs 20 lakh with an average rate of interest of 11%, for five years the EMI will be:
P = 20 lakh, R = 11/100/12 (You convert to months), N = 5 years or 60 months.
EMI = [20,00,000 x 11/100/12 x (1+11/100/12)^60] / [(1+11/100/12)^60-1]
EMI = Rs 43,485.
How to Use the ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator?
The ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator is a simulation that shows the monthly amount payable to the lender. To calculate the EMI applicable to the loan amount, you must use the sliders to adjust the values for the Principal Amount (P), Rate of interest (R), and Time Duration (N). Follow these steps and calculate the EMI on your loan:
- Use the slider and select the loan amount.
- You then select the tenure of the loan in months.
- Move the slider and select the rate of interest.
- The calculator will show you the EMI payable, total interest, and the total payable amount.
- You can recalculate the EMI anytime by changing the input sliders.
- The EMI is calculated instantly when you move the sliders.
Benefits of using the ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator
The ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator shows the EMI you would pay on the loan against the property in seconds. It helps you budget for expenses and saves for important financial goals.
The calculator is easy to use and you just need to enter the requisite inputs to get a clear picture of the EMI. You save time as you can calculate the EMI even before you apply for the loan.
You can use the ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator from the comfort of your home. The calculator also shows you the detailed breakup of the total payments through the loan amortisation table.
Loan Against Property Eligibility
To get a loan against property, you must fulfil certain minimum eligibility conditions. The following factors are considered while determining your eligibility for a loan against the property.
- Your total annual income.
- The minimum age needs to be 21 years.
- Valuation of your property.
- Financial documents.
- Both salaried and self-employed individuals are eligible for the loan against property.
Documentation for a Loan Against Property
- A filled loan application form.
- A few passport size photographs.
- Proof of identity – a voter card, driving license, PAN card, or passport.
- Proof of address – Aadhaar card, telephone bill, electricity bill, voter card, and driving license as an address proof.
- Your latest salary slips.
- Form 16 issued by your employer.
- Bank statements of the last six months.
A self-employed person needs to submit the following documents:
- Application form.
- Recent passport size photographs.
- Identity proof.
- Proof of the existence of the business.
- Certified financial statements for the past three years.
- Last three years income tax returns.
- Last three years profit and loss (P&L) statement.
- Last three months bank statements.
Benefits of Taking a Loan Against Property
- The loan against property has lower interest rates as compared to unsecured loans such as a personal loan.
- The loan can be taken for a longer duration and can be conveniently paid off.
- You can choose from different types of interest rates and payment options such as floating rates or fixed interest rates.
- You can get a loan against residential and commercial properties at different interest rates.
- The documentation process is easy and you can get a loan against property from any bank in India.
- The loan amount can be used for any financial needs such as financing a business, emergency medical expenses, financing your child’s higher education and marriage, or making a down payment on a house.
FAQs on the ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator
Is ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator easy to use?
The ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator is straightforward to use. All you must do is enter the loan amount, tenure in months, and the rate of interest. The calculator shows the total interest and the loan against property EMI in seconds.
Does the ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator show the loan repayment schedule?
The ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator shows you the monthly EMIs on loan against property. It also displays an amortisation schedule which gives you an idea of the principal and interest components of the EMI. You get a real-time picture of the repayments and the outstanding balance amount.
Is ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator the same as an EMI Calculator?
You can use the EMI Calculator and calculate your home loan, car loan, personal loan, and even loan against property EMIs. However, the ClearTax Loan Against Property Calculator is designed to show you the loan against property EMI and the total interest incurred on such a loan.
Does the bank check my credit score when sanctioning the loan against property?
Yes, the bank does check your credit score before sanctioning the loan. You must maintain a good credit score before approaching the bank for a loan against property. However, as the loan is secured against collateral (property), the bank may sanction the loan even for a lower credit score.