When in employment, an employee has a pension fund for securing the retirement age. In case of change of employment, the employee can carry forward the same account for pension. However, in case the employee does not find a new job, the employee may apply for withdrawal of funds. Therefore to avail the benefits but retaining the membership with Employee Pension Fund (EPF) the employee files a Form 10C.
1. Eligibility to Apply for Form 10C
a. Who left job before the completion of 10 years of service.
b. who obtained 58 years of age before completion of 10 years of service, whether in service or having left.
- A member,
a.Though having completed 10 years of service, he has not attained the age of 50 years at the time application.
b. Who is more than 50 years of age, but not exceeding 58 years, and not willing for getting pension at a reduced rate.
- Family members/ nominee/ legal heir of a deceased member, who died after attaining the age of 58 years but with number of completed years of service less than 10 years.
2. Types of Benefits available
- A member falling in category 1 and 3 above, shall apply for withdrawal benefits.
- A member falling in category 2 above, is eligible for Scheme Certificate only. In case of 2(b) above, if the member is willing to accept reduced pension, he is eligible to apply in Form10D.
- A member who left service on account of any permanent disablement, is eligible for disablement pension and he has to apply in Form 10D.
3. Benefits of Scheme Certificate
- Service period with the previous employer will be considered on taking up job in a new establishment.
- In case, member does not take up employment, his family can get family pension, if he dies before him attaining 58 years of age. If he survive, he get the withdrawal benefits.
4. Details required in a Form 10C Form
- UAN/ Pension Number
- Aadhaar Number:
- Father’s name/ Husband’s name
- Date of birth
- Date of joining and leaving
- PAN and reason for leaving
- Bank account details
- Full Postal Address
All the particulars are to be filled in without any strikes/ corrections/ over writing. In case of any corrections, it shall be attested.
The application form is to be submitted through the employer, under whom the member was last employed. In case, the application was downloaded from the website of epfindia, then all the pages are to be attested by both the applicant and employer.
In case of a closed establishment, whose Authorized Signatory/ Employer is not available, any of the following authorized official shall attest with his office seal:
- Gazetted Officer
- Post/ Sub-Post Master
- President of Village Union
- President of the Village Panchayath, when Union Board is not present
- Chairman/ Secretary/ Member of Municipal/ District Local Board
- Member of Parliament/ Legislative Assembly
- Member of Central Board of Trustees/ Regional Committee of Employee’s Provident Fund
- Manager of the Bank in which Savings Bank account is maintained
- Head of any recognized Educational Institution
6. Documents to be attached
- Copy of blank/ cancelled cheque
- Date of birth certificate cheque of children of the member, if applying for Scheme Certificate
- In case of death of the member’s death certificate
- Succession certificate, in case application is made by the legal heir
- Revenue stamp of Rs.1 to be attached with the form .