A unique PINCODE 560500 has been allotted to Centralized Processing Centre (CPC), Income Tax Department located in Bengaluru by the Department of Post. Taxpayers can henceforth address their mails to “Centralized Processing Center, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru 560500” for the purpose of submission of ITR-V forms and other documents which require physical mode of transmission.
If you’ve downloaded the ITR-V from the Income Tax Department’s website, you’ll need a password to open it.
Password to open ITR-V
The password is your PAN number in lower letters along with date of birth.
Date of birth: 01/01/1975
After receiving your ITR-V (acknowledgement), you have to send it to CPC, Bangalore within 120 days of e-filing your Income Tax return.
What is ITR-V?
ITR-V is a one page document, which you need to sign in BLUE INK and send via ordinary post or speed post. You cannot courier the ITR-V.
You do NOT need to send any supporting documents along with the ITR-V. Just the one page signed ITR-V.
We strongly recommend that you send your ITR-V at the earliest for your tax refund processing. Don’t forget, ok?
Address of CPC, Bangalore for Speed Post:
Post Bag No.1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100
Click here to go to the next step:
Checking whether CPC has received your ITR-V
Detailed instructions provided by Income Tax Department
- Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR-V Form.
- Avoid printing on Dot Matrix printer.
- The ITR-V Form should be printed only in black ink.
- Do not use any other ink option to print ITR V.
- Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
- Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR-V.
- The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original in BLUE INK.
- Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
- The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
- Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
- Only A4 size white paper should be used.
- Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
- Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
- Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
- In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
- More than one ITR-V can be sent in the same envelope.
- Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V.
- The ITR-V form is required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by ordinary post or speedpost.
- ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.