If you are sending your ITR-V to the income tax department for verification, refer to this guide to know the manner and format in which ITR-V should be sent.
After receiving your ITR-V (acknowledgement), you have to send it to CPC, Bangalore within 30 days of e-filing your Income Tax return.
The CBDT has reduced the time limit of ITR verification to 30 days (from 120 days) from the date of return submission. The new rule is applicable for the returns filed online on or after 1st August 2022. For the income tax returns filed up to 31st July 2022, the time limit for ITR verification remains 120 days.
What is ITR-V?
ITR-V is a one-page document, which you need to sign preferably in blue ink and send via ordinary post or speed post.
With effect from 1st August 2022, i.e. for the returns filed after 31st July 2022, ITR-V should be sent via speed post within 30 days of return filing.
You cannot courier the ITR-V. You do NOT need to send any supporting documents along with the ITR-V. Just the one-page signed ITR-V.
Address of CPC, Bangalore for Speed Post
A unique PINCODE 560500 has been allotted to the Centralized Processing Centre (CPC), Income Tax Department located in Bengaluru by the Department of Post. Taxpayers can henceforth address their mails to “Centralized Processing Center, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru 560500” for the purpose of submission of ITR-V forms and other documents which require a physical mode of transmission.
Centralised Processing Center,
Income Tax Department,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560500
Click here to go to the next step: Checking whether CPC has received your ITR
Detailed instructions provided by Income Tax Department
- Please use the ink Jet /laser printer to print the ITR-V Form.
- Avoid printing on the Dot Matrix printer.
- The ITR-V Form should be printed only in black ink.
- Do not use any other ink option to print ITR V.
- Ensure that printout is clear and not light print/faded copy.
- Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR-V.
- The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original in BLUE INK.
- Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
- The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on the barcode.
- Bar code and numbers below the barcode should be clearly visible.
- Only A4 size white paper should be used.
- Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
- Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
- Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
- In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
- More than one ITR-V can be sent in the same envelope.
- Please do not submit any annexures, covering letters, pre-stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V.
- The ITR-V form is required to be sent to the Centralised Processing Center, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560500, by ordinary post or speed post.
- With effect from 1st August 2022, i.e. for the returns filed after 31st July 2022, ITR-V should be sent via speed post within 30 days of return filing.
- ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
- Please note, that if your verification is pending, then the ITR-V is not proof of having filed your return.
File your returns in just 3 minutes
100% pre-fill. No manual data entry