Many of us claim refund in the income tax return. Refund can be claimed by you when the TDS deducted and total taxes paid is more than the total tax payable on income.
After the return is processed by the income tax department the refund is processed and credited to your bank account.
But sometimes you may get a communication from the Income Tax Department that refund processing has failed. The following can be the reasons for refund faliure:
- Invalid account number
- Invalid IFSC code
- Name mismatch with bank account holder
- Account has been closed
- Expired cheque
- Invalid address
You can also check the status of refund
In all the above cases a refund reissue request has to be made.
Here is a step by step guide to request for refund reissue:
– Login to Income Tax Department website
. Enter your ‘User ID’, ‘Password’, ‘Date of Birth’ and ‘Captcha Code’.
– Go to ‘My Account’. In the drop down click on ‘Service Request’.
– In the ‘Request Type’ click on ‘New Request’, And select ‘Request Category’ as ‘Refund Reissue’.
– A screen like this will be displayed. Click on ‘Submit’ under ‘Response’ column.
– Fill in the ‘Bank Account Number’, ‘Account Type’. ‘IFSC Code’ and ‘Bank Name’ and click on ‘Submit’.
After a few days of reissue request submission the refund will be credit to your bank account.
Finish your E-filing for FREE with ClearTax
Start your Tax Return Now
- ClearTax makes it very easy to E-File your ITR
- E-Filing takes only a few minutes
- Our experts help you on live chat and email
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to check refund reissue request status?
Please log on to income tax efiling
, select the My account tab from the top menu bar and click on “Service request “ from the drop down. Select request type as “new request “ and request category as “ refund reissue”. Click on submit.
What is an income tax refund reissue request?
If your refund processing fails due to incorrect bank details , you will receive an intimation from the income tax department. You will have to submit a refund reissue request in your income tax efiling portal.