After you have successfully filed your income tax return, the next step is to verify it. The Income Tax Department starts processing your return when it is verified. Refunds, if any, are processed for returns which have been submitted and verified.
ClearTax recommends you verify your return via netbanking. It is the easiest and the fastest way to verify your tax return.
After your return has been successfully e-verified via netbanking, you don’t have to send the physical ITR-V.
However, if you do not want to e-verify, you will have to send the physical ITR-V. Steps for sending the physical ITR-V .
Your return can be verified electronically through any of the following means:
Via net banking
Via Aadhaar OTP
Via EVC on the Income Tax Department website
Steps to E-Verify Your Tax Return
- Step 1: Login to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your credentials
- Step 2: Select the ‘View Returns/Forms’ option to see e-filed tax returns.
- Step 3: Select the option ‘Click here to view your returns pending for e-verification’
- Step 4.
Select the option ‘e-verify’.
- Step 5: When you click on e-verify, there is a list of modes through which you can generate an EVC.
- Step 6: Upon successfully generating the EVC through the desired mode, enter the EVC and submit.
- Step 7:A confirmation message will be displayed with a transaction ID and EVC code. Click on the green button to download the attachment. This is for your record only. No further action is required.
Steps to E-Verify Using Aadhaar OTP & Via EVC
To know more, read our article on E-verification of income tax return using Aadhaar Card