PAYTM which was launched in August 2010 as a mobile wallet has now entered into e-commerce domain. Today it is a popular platform for shopping and sellers are also enjoying the ease of doing business on getting registered on Paytm as online sellers.
Who can become a Paytm seller?
- An individual in his own capacity can get registered and sell his goods through the platform
- One Person Company, Private limited Company, Public Limited Company can be formed and registered on PAYTM. All the transactions will be done through this corporate entity
- Limited Liability Partnership can register itself as a seller
- Partnership Firm can also register itself
Documents Required for Paytm Seller Registration
- Name of the Company, LLP, Firm or Individual is required
- Valid contact number of the entity registering itself
- Valid Email Address of the entity
- PAN card – In case of a Company, LLP or a Partnership, the PAN Card bearing the name of the entity is required whereas in case of an individual, the PAN Card with the name of the person is required to be submitted while registering
- Bank Account – The details of the current bank account of the business is required
- GST registration – All the business from April 2017 need to be registered under the Goods and Service Tax (GST). As per the government’s declaration, all businesses selling goods on any e-commerce platform need to be registered under GST. This development has been into power since 1st April, 2017. The documents required for the registration are:
- PAN Card
- A Cancelled cheque of the account on which the payments are going to be received.
- Aadhaar card
- An email address
- Phone number
- Address proof of the entity, for eg- Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Passport copy etc. need to be submitted
- Certificate of Incorporation in case of a Company and the copy of the Partnership Deed in case of a firm
Steps to Register as a Paytm Seller
Step 1: All the above-mentioned documents need to be ready
Step 2: Go to the URL www.seller.paytm.com/login
The screen will look like this:
Step 3: The form ‘SIGN UP’ needs to be filled by submitting all the relevant details like name, email address and documents
Step 4: For verification, an email is sent to the registered email address and an SMS is also sent to the registered phone number
Step 5: Once the verification is done, the KYC documents have to be submitted i.e the Identity Proof (PAN CARD) and the Address proof of the entity or the individual
Step 6: The products will then be catalogued. For best user experience you can engage a professional photographer and model to showcase your products in an appealing manner
Step 7: The catalogued items can be listed on Paytm as well as displayed on your own website. Thereares no registration fees for the listing of the products on Paytm
Step 8: Paytm charges some amount for hosting the products
Once all these steps are completed, the seller can start selling the products. As and when the goods are sold, you will get an email confirmation.
Platforms like Paytm are helping businesses of all sizes to grow and not remain limited to geographical boundaries. ClearTax can help you get your business ready with its wide range of services like business registration, GST services etc.