Procedure to check PF withdrawal claim online
Upon requesting for PPF withdrawal, there is a possibility that you may not get to know the status of your requisition. To address this problem the EPFO has launched an online process to know the status of your requisition.
To know the status of your claim the following information should be available to you:
1. Universal Account Number (UAN)
2. EPF regional office of your employer
4. Extension code (if relevant)
With all of the above information/documents in hand, given below are the steps to be followed to check the status of your claim online.
Step 1: Go to the EPFO portal. Click on Our services> For Employees
Step 2: Click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’
Step 3: Enter your UAN and enter the captcha image
Step 4: Enter the following details
1. Enter the state of your PF office
2. Select your PF Office from the drop-down menu
3. Enter your establishment code
4. Enter your PF account number
Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to check the status of your PF claim.
For the benefit of the claimant, the EPFO also provides for alerts via SMS if a mobile number has been linked to the account. The SMS is sent to the following two instances:
1. On receipt of claim application.
2. On transfer of funds to the claimant’s bank account.
There could be income tax implication on your PF withdrawal under ‘certain scenarios. You can refer, taxability of PF withdrawal for a detailed understanding.