Selling goods online today is much easier than it was ever before. There are multiple e-commerce platforms that let you go online and exhibit your products to potential buyers even without having to have a shop. Snapdeal is one such platform.
To start selling on Snapdeal, you need to get through a simple registration process which is absolutely free of cost. On getting registered, you can start displaying your products and get orders online from all the potential buyers all over India. As a facilitator, Snapdeal does charge some fee on the orders processed.
Who Can Become a Snapdeal Seller?
- An Individual– Any individual person can register himself/herself as a seller by providing the required relevant details along with the registration form
- A business registered as a Private Limited Company– 2 or more people can come together and form a private limited company by registering themselves with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Once the Certificate of Incorporation is received, they can start the process of registering themselves with Snapdeal
- A business registered as a Limited Liability Partnership Firm– 2 or more people can come together to form a partnership and get themselves registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. After registration, they can start with the Snapdeal registration process
- A business registered as a One Person Company– If an individual person wants to register a company and enjoy the benefits of limited liability, s/he can get their business registered as a One Person Company(OPC)
Documents Required for Snapdeal Seller Registration
- PAN Card
PAN is a mandatory identity proof. In case of one person company, private limited or a limited liability partnership, a company or a firm’s PAN is required. Whereas in case of an individual, copy of his personal PAN is needed.
- GST Registration
As per the government’s declaration, all businesses selling goods on any e-commerce platform need to be registered under GST irrespective of their turnover. This development has been into power since 1st April, 2017.
Documents Required for GST Registration
- 1 Cancelled cheque of the bank account of the entity
- Aadhaar card of the directors or the partners, as the case may be
- PAN Card of the Company, LLP or the Individual
- Bank Account Details
You also need to share details of your current bank account in the name of the business. The documents required to open a bank account are:
- PAN Card of the Individual or the company or the LLP
- Address proof of the entity
- Certificate of Incorporation in case of a company or an LLP
- Bank form
- Partnership Deed in case of a Partnership Firm
- Identity proof and address proof of all the directors of the company or the LLP as the case may be
- Once the bank Account is opened, a cancelled cheque bearing the account number needs to be submitted
- Address proof of the entity
- 2 Valid email ids
Steps to Register on Snapdeal as Online Seller
- Keep the above-mentioned documents ready
- Decide the products you want to sell and list them down
- Get the catalogue of all the products in place. You can hire a professional to create a catalogue, displaying the pictures of the products along with product description. For good buyer experience, for eg. in case of ready-made apparels, you may hire models to demonstrate the product
- Next, go to www.sellers.snapdeal.com and fill up the “Register Now” form and click on Sell Now button
- Once registration is complete, update your profile and create product catalogue
- On receiving orders, get the goods ready for delivery. Snapdeal’s courier partners will pick-up & deliver goods to the end customers
The e-commerce platforms like Snapdeal are helping businesses of all sizes to grow and not remain limited to geographical boundaries. ClearTax can help you get your business ready with its wide range of services like business registration, GST services etc.
Clear GST invoicing app
Make professional GST invoices for Free