YES Bank has rolled out three mobile apps for retail customers—YES Mobile, YES Pay, and YES Robot. The first app is the mobile banking application with a host of features and services. The second app is a digital wallet that allows payments from a wallet, BHIM UPI, credit card, and virtual cards. The third one is a personal banking assistant. Here is how you can register for the YES Mobile app and the host of services it offers.
1. How to register for YES Bank Mobile Banking?
You must be a YES Bank customer to get the benefits of YES Mobile app. Also, your mobile number must be linked to your bank account.
Step 1: Install the YES Mobile app from Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
Step 2: Open the app to view the below screen and click ‘Login’.
Step 3: Authenticate your identity using one of the four available methods—debit card details, net banking credentials, customer information, or credit card details.
Step 4: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number to confirm that the actual account holder is registering for the service. Enter the OTP in the designated space and click ‘Confirm’.
Step 5: Set up your 6-digit application PIN (APIN) for logging into the app and click ‘Proceed for MPIN’.
Step 6: Set up MPIN for authorising your transactions done through the app and click ‘Confirm’.
Step 7: A thank you message will be displayed after APIN and MPIN are successfully created.
Step 8: You can choose to set up fingerprint authentication by clicking ‘Yes’ or ignore it by clicking ‘Skip’.
Step 9: If you have clicked ‘Yes’, then a pop-up window will appear asking you to place your finger on the fingerprint sensor on your smartphone. Once the sensor recognises the biometrics, you are all set!
2. How to log in for YES Bank Mobile Banking services?
Step 1: A login screen will be displayed when you open the app after registering for the facility.
Step 2: Enter your 6-digit APIN and click ‘Submit’. Alternatively, you can use the fingerprint to log in to your account.
Step 3: Your account dashboard will be displayed upon successful login.
3. What services are available under YES Bank Mobile Banking?
- View account balance and mini account statements.
- Open term deposits online.
- Transfer funds to own accounts, third-party accounts through NEFT/IMPS/RTGS.
- Make ad-hoc fund transfers without having to add beneficiary beforehand.
- Pay to contacts on your mobile, email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Manage beneficiary accounts.
- Request for a new chequebook, cheque status, and stop cheque payment.
- Check for the nearest ATM/branch through real-time, augmented reality experience.
- View holding and transaction details of your Demat account.
- Change debit card PIN and hotlist the card.
- Register and view new biller and pay bills.
- Pay direct and indirect taxes.
- Access loan/EMI calculator.
- Apply for a new account, loan, locker, Demat account, or prepaid cards.
4. How to transfer funds through YES Bank Mobile Banking?
Step 1: Log into your account on YES Mobile app to land on your account dashboard. Click the ‘Funds Transfer’ option at the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: A list of fund transfer types will be displayed. Select the type you are looking for. We will select the second option, i.e. ‘Transfer to registered beneficiaries’, for demonstration purpose.
Step 3: From the available list of the registered beneficiaries, select the beneficiary you would like to transfer funds to.
Step 4: The source account number will be displayed. Select the source account number from the dropdown list. Enter the amount to be transferred. Click ‘Proceed’.
Step 5: Enter the other details, such as payment mode and remarks, and click ‘Done’.
Step 6: Check the payment summary and enter your MPIN to authorise the transaction. Click ‘Send’.
Step 7: Upon verifying the MPIN, the transaction will be completed.
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can a non-resident Indian use the services of YES Mobile app? A. Yes, the services of YES Mobile can be availed by non-resident Indian (NRI) customers. The customer must have linked his mobile number with the account for receiving OTP to complete registration and other transactions.
Q. What devices can I use the YES Mobile app on? A. You can use the app on Android and Apple smartphones. Besides, you can install the app on Android tablets and iPads as well.
Q. What does the ‘Favourites’ tab signify after logging into my account? A. After completing any transaction on the app, you can label it as ‘Favourite’ so that the transaction will be stored under the ‘Favourites’ tab. At a later date, you can quickly find and complete a similar transaction without having to enter the details again.
Q. Can I perform transactions on YES Mobile app through my smartwatch? A. You can perform banking transactions on your Android/iOS smartwatch through Bluetooth technology. You can view account balance and the last five transactions, pay bills, and locate the nearest ATM/branch.