- Standards Formulation
- Product Certification Scheme
- Compulsory Registration Scheme
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme
- Hall Marking Scheme
- Laboratory Services
- Laboratory Recognition Scheme
- Sale of Indian Standards
- Consumer Affairs Activities
- Promotional Activities
- Training Services, National & International level
- Information Services
Inspection of goods, article, process, system or service:
- The Bureau may carry out inspections, with respect to products or services where certification to Indian Standards is mandatory.
- The inspections may be in India or outside India
- The quality control system, records may be inspected. Further, the BIS may also test samples.
Who can apply for registration?
- Manufacturers of notified products located in India or outside India under Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS). However, a –
- Separate Registration for products manufactured at different locations.
- Separate Registration for each brand manufactured at the same location is needed
What are the steps for registration?
Additional Points to remember
- Foreign applicants with no liaison office or branch office located in India have to appoint Authorised Indian Representative
- All applicants located in India, as well as authorised Indian Representatives of applicants located outside India, have to submit an affidavit cum undertaking in the prescribed format.
Documents to be submitted with the Application
|Address Proof||1) Business License or 2) Any other document issued by the Government|
|Fees||1) Demand Draft along with the photocopy of DD 2) NEFT Details|
|Signatory for Application||
|Undertaking||Please attach the undertaking|
|Affidavit||Foreign Manufacturer – Nomination Form of the Authorised Representative sealed and signed
|Test Report||Please attach the test report|
BIS portal for othersThe BIS Portal is not just for manufacturers. An unhappy consumer of a BIS Certified Product can raise a complaint online on the portal. The complaint can be lodged on the following:
- Quality of BIS certified product.
- Products under Registration Scheme.
- Hallmarked products.
- Services of BIS
- Activities of BIS such as Standard Formulation, Product and Management Systems Certification, Laboratory testing etc.
- Unauthorized use of BIS Standard Mark by licensees/applicants/others.
- Irregularities in operation and misuse of license by BIS licensees.
- False/misleading advertisements and claims by licensees/applicants/non-licensees.
- Delays in grant/renewal of licenses and delays in inclusion of additional varieties.
- Services rendered by BIS officers and employees.